Hi everyone, just some questions to ask!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bear807
New

Hi everyone, just some questions to ask!

Post by Bear807 »

New to here! Hi everyone! Just got my used 2 1/2 years old 6r from main dealer. Have loads of questions to ask, hope someone can give me some clues. Mine is an se trim. Notice the trip computer is dead basic, only setting up the clock and resetting trips, I was expecting some sort of mpg indicator but none :/ I wonder anyone here actually bother to retrofit the multifunction display with the stalk where you can select some options? How much am I looking for if I were to fit this? And recommendations garage near west midlands?

Second question I wanna ask is to fit xenon or hid, is it a complicated process? Is it just a change of bulb or I have to fit a box to source from main battery. I just want some white lights not yellowish like traditional ones, it doesn't had to be tad bright. And also what is error free blubs?

Sorry I'm a little bit lack of knowledge regarding the vw. Previously a Honda jazz driver (ok not cool, but I'm not old ok? :) ) their is a drastic difference, I feel much safer in this and now I know why Europeans car are so solid. Before my final choice in polo I was deciding between this and fiesta, apparently fiesta interior only attractiveness is the glaring light dials, the rest is abit too much for me. The reason I decide to go for the polo is the door chuck sound, I immediately fall in love with it and keep closing and opening the door for few minites. Hope someone can help with my questions cheers!
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Re: Hi everyone, just some questions to ask!

Post by stuart.cameron »

Bear807 wrote:Second question I wanna ask is to fit xenon or hid, is it a complicated process? Is it just a change of bulb or I have to fit a box to source from main battery. I just want some white lights not yellowish like traditional ones, it doesn't had to be tad bright. And also what is error free blubs?
Here's a guide to fitting a HID kit - http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 56&t=54905

Error free bulbs are bulbs that won't bring up the warning light on your dashboard!
Bear807
New

Re: Hi everyone, just some questions to ask!

Post by Bear807 »

Thank you so much for the guide! So I need to buy a warning light canceler if I need to fit the side lights? For the main beam I can just plug and play for xenon and only hid requires the box to be wired.