Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
st33ly
New

Post by st33ly »

Cheers for posting that up mate!!!
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

Well.....Conusion reigns was the order of the day this morning.......................

I received my letter and headed down to me dealers. They said yep ok we'll book it in next Thursday to check it and if anything needs doing we'll let you know and we can book it back in to have the work done...........

Got back home and re-read the letter which seems to say that the part will be replaced anyway....... Called the VW re-call helpline and they confirmed that it was a case of unless it's already been done they do it there and then...no checks required. They told me to go back to the dealer and advise them of this and that i had spoken to the helpline...................

Back down to the dealer i go get there and tell them this at which point they say they can't do it in one visit cos they don't know what parts my car will need untill it's checked. I try to tell him that i've read people on here say they have had the work booked in to be done in one go but he's still adamant it can't be done that way unless you leave the car overnight.... i.e. one visit - two days..... So i say ok then book it in for next Thursday / Friday then.........

Got back outside the dealers and thought blow it i'm gonna phone the helpline again.....Spoke to the guy on the helpline and told him exactly what the dealers had said again... and his exact response was...." they're talking complete nonsense" i then asked if he wouldn't mind holding on the line while i went back across the car park so he could speak to the dealers on my behalf which he said was completely ok. Put him on the line to the dealers service guy and at that point the possible cause of confusion possibly came to light.........

I heard the service guy say "but how do we know which one's".... and "well we've been working to supports, clips and a brake light switch to be done"...."but thats the whole pedal box".... "ok will do".... at which point he comes back and says "right we'll order you a complete pedal box and get it fitted next Thursday for you".

Now the point of this very long winded, (sorry), post is.... How many other dealers are replacing the whole pedal box as per the helpline info today and how many are just replacing parts of it??? I notice from Josh's post ealrier in the thread that his dealer is ordering complete pedal boxes yet someone else mention only certain parts being replaced.

As the helpline seem to think the whole pedalbox should be done i'd side with them but who knows??

Cheers

Dave.
morrismen
Silver Member

Intriging

Post by morrismen »

I think the dealers need to quote the correct reference VGS/PD/GTM/30C1 to the Helpline or VW Parts and then the dealers get what they should be ordering.

If the helpline say it's the whole pedal box, then this should include all other parts right? According to my dealer, it was brake switch, clutch assembly, clips, bolts, plates etc. I recogn that's pretty much the whole Pedal Box then?
morrismen
Silver Member

Anyway

Post by morrismen »

...which ever way you look at it, the VW dealers should all be supplied with the same replacement parts under the recall number.
morrismen
Silver Member

Double checked it

Post by morrismen »

My dealer has said that the VW Dealers are all supplied with a diagram of the parts that are to be replaced. This includes the brackets and the whole Pedal box assembly, plus other bits that attach to it. So, there you go - they should all know what they're doing!
GANA
New

Post by GANA »

Guys i need your help. :? :?
Do you know if this recall is for england only or for the whole europe?
How can i take advantage of this recal and fix my GTI too. Can anyone send me via e-mail the letter scaned? (gana2182@hotmail.com) Can we find the diagram of the parts that are to be replaced? I am sure that if i call in vw greece none will know anything.
What do you think should i do?
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

GANA

I'm just sending it to you now.

Good Luck with VW Greece (and the Football!)

8)
GANA
New

Post by GANA »

Josh_PoloGTi wrote:GANA

I'm just sending it to you now.

Good Luck with VW Greece (and the Football!)

8)
Thank you very much Josh!
How are we going to find out if thr recall is European or Just for UK.

I hope Greece will finish the European Cup the way it started (GREECE-PORTUGAL 2-1)
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

I suppose you should call VW Customer Services in Greece to see what they say.

Go to your dealers with a copy of the letter I sent you and ask them "what's up with that" lol

8)
discod
New

Post by discod »

just got my letter this morning in the post and took my car into the garage.when the mechanic had a look at it he told me it didnt require fixing as it had the 'double welds' in the pedal box.has anyone else had this response.ps my car is a 2000 x with AVY engine.
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

dont let him get away with that!!!! ring VW UK!!!!
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

Got mine, finally went home today and there it was, a letter waiting for me, just got to go and give the dealer a call...bit of a hassle though, having to take it in and all that malarky!

Discod, yeah, you should complain, why else have you received the letter, eh? Which dealer was this? you should complain to Volkwagen direct, I assume the dealer should have to act on this letter otherwise VW will take their dealer rights from them (plus I'm sure VW reimburse them for the parts and labour) and if you don't have it done, your car may be worth less than one that has had the work done.
marc
New

Post by marc »

I had my pedal box replaced in August last year along with a clutch pressure plate. I got the letter too, so I took it down and theres no need for them to replace it on my car as its the new modified version. If you had it fixed at VW then they will have a list of part numbers they used when they done to job and they can tell from this .
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Well mine was fitted in December 02, and it's creaking again now...

Plus the dealer has booked me in and ordered the part, so it looks like it's getting swapped regardless.
Ross Clarke
Bronze Member

Post by Ross Clarke »

SEAT have the same problem on the MK3 Ibiza, loads of 1.8 Turbo Cupra's doing the same thing apparently.