Coilovers

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Coilovers

Post by JonnyBCK »

Hi fokes was wondering if any one has the following coilovers fitted, it says 7 sold on the site so hopefully one of you has them
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-POLO-MK5-9 ... _761wt_952

any one have any experience? if so what are they like? are they solid or do they have some give and any rattles knocks etc once fitted?
thanks

or if any one fancies selling a decent set to me i have cash waiting anything considered :)
chewy_
Bronze Member

Re: Coilovers

Post by chewy_ »

You tend to find most of the ebay specials from Germany are all the same. I've got a set fitted to mine (could possibly be red line). They are great for the price if your just after lowering your car. If you are going to run them as low as they will go then obviously the ride won't be as comfortable. You'll find the front will drop very low and the rears not so much. I'd prefer mine to be a little lower on the rear (I've even taken the adjusters out).
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Coilovers

Post by JonnyBCK »

Mines already lowered on KW coilies but the front passenger side shock has collapsed and is now ruining my bushes and suspension arms so im just needing a reliable replacement as i dont plan in keeping the car much longer i dont want to spend too much on them, i could always keep the back springs on that i have as my car sits perfectly in my opinion
g__humm
Platinum Member

Re: Coilovers

Post by g__humm »

Email kw and moan see if they will replace or fix it.
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Coilovers

Post by JonnyBCK »

Iv already been in touch with them the things are 5 years old so theyve had a long hard life haha, they said i could buy parts but id rather just get a whole set and the KWs are not cheap haha