Drivers Wiper Arm Problem

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
pudgem
New

Drivers Wiper Arm Problem

Post by pudgem »

Hi all!

This is my first post since i got my Polo 9n 1.9 TDI GT 2 weeks ago, so i hope somebody can help!!

I didn't notice this when i first got the car so don't know if it was like this before, or if it has happened since i got it.

The drivers side wiper arm has a lot of movement when in the parked position. The tip of the blade can be moved up and down about 6 or 7 inches if just pushed or pulled lightly. As a result, when the wipers are on (which has been often with all this crappy rain this week!) the drivers blade either hits the a pillar when it sweeps up, or bangs against the passengers side arm when it sweeps back down. The sound is starting to drive me crazy!!!

I have removed the arm completely, made sure the nut is done up tightly, tried to reposition the arm on another notch on the spindle thing, but it is still the same.

I have searched everywhere and cant find what the problem could be. I did find the youtube vid of an Audi TT with the exact same issue, but no mention of a resolution. https://www.youtube*.com/watch?v=MY62Q9NJ8bY

Could it be the arm itself or the linkage assembly which is the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
chewy
Platinum Member

Re: Drivers Wiper Arm Problem

Post by chewy »

Worn wiper linkage, if you remove the wipers then remove the plastic scuttle try you'll see the bushes will have worn and perished.