Recently Bought a 6n Project.

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
kmr-polo
New

Recently Bought a 6n Project.

Post by kmr-polo »

Hi there,

Just bought my self a cheapo 6n as a project for my first car, I paid 350 buffers for it with 5months mot, 3 months tax, 1.4 Cl
The mileage is slightly high, but it has full service history with receipts to prove, ie, cambelt at 40k and 90k, Head Gasket, etc

Scorpion Alarm
Electric Windows
Electric Mirrors
Central Locking
P.A.S

There are a few issues as expected reflecting on price,

Passenger Window Mechanism Broken
Small bits of surface rust.
Needs a new backbox.

Dont get me wrong i know the bodywork is in a poor condition, but as im a panel beater i will be putting it in for a full respray soon.

Mods to come.

6n2 Rear lights
16v bumpers
Fk Coilovers
Fk Debadged grill
Spoiler,
Boot Popper ( Smoothing the current boot leaving only the number plate recess)
Wheels soon to decide (Any opinions let me know.)
De-wiper
etc,

Basically just want people to shed some light, and let me know on your opinions reflecting to price etc.

Also.. Currently thinking VXR Blue, or Mk5 r32 Blue.. Opinions?

Thanks.
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Re: Recently Bought a 6n Project.

Post by racerjonzo »

price sounds okay since it is 'legal' ie with the MOT and tax, i paid 300 for my run about, but mine had missing passenger seat foam and sidelights wiring all amngled and previous owner had put on lexus lights :P lol but yea
mine was same blue as yours and ive sprayed mine satin black at the moment but would like it back to blue, i also was looking at the mk5 r32 blue :) also the S3 blue is similar and nice :)
mine is also a 'S' reg and i have done most of ur list :P got the 6n2 rears on and full 16v bumpers also with front fogs, getting harder to find ;) and coilies too wound way down sitting on some 6n2 gti bbs rxii's :) in black

anymore help will try to help
kmr-polo
New

Post by kmr-polo »

Since my last post, i managed to bag my self 2 complete doors and a drivers wing for £25 from the local scrappy. Pretty good find as none of the panels have rust or damage!!.

Modifcation wise, i got a boot popper kit from my mate for free and still on the hunt for some local 16v bumpers.

Hopefully ill be able to get out and start preparing the body if this typical english weather picks up :\.

Updates to come!
kmr-polo
New

Post by kmr-polo »

Jeeeeez Folks this has been a long time..

As i have been doing my driving test etc whilst progressing with my car, since the last time i posted its now ready for paint, smooth boot with working popper.

Bought some cheapo coilovers off ebay not the best but the drop makes up for everything :P. 6n2 rear lights now purchased along with the 16v bumpers that i managed to bag for 60 notes from the local scrapper ;).

got a few other bits to do i,e clear indicators, H.I.D's, badgless grill.

A local lad i know has a VR6 out of a golf in his 6n, so slowly going towards the idea of doing the 1.8turb, anyone had any issues in the past or heard of any with this conversion?..

Pictures will be to follow, but posted this from the phone so cant attatch ;\.

also does anybody know wether the golf mk4 door handles fit?, or 6n2 as i hate the 6n ones.

Any ideas are welcome!
kmr-polo
New

IMAGES,

Post by kmr-polo »

After a being flat out at work for few months i managed to sort some pictures out, some are just quick progress photos some others are parts, Baring in mind i prepped some of it on my drive before it went down the bodyshop for me to carry out more complex work i,e smooth boot etc.

Cheapo Trunk release kit off ebay,

I modified my current wiper blank smoothing over the hole the wiper usually comes through.

Rewired the side repeators so i could install the ones off a later polo.

Now the motors down my bodyshop i will be able to get on with it properly and photos etc will follow quicker than usual, got a few bits down the garage already that ill get pictures of, i,e lights etc, Shouldnt be to long untill primer now.

Regards
kmr-polo
New

WHEELS!

Post by kmr-polo »

Hey folks,

Not sure on the activity of this forum as it seems a bit quiet.. But thought i put a post up.

Since my last pictures, i have bought some VW Banded Steels. Hid's, 6n2 Lights have been delivered and a debaged grill .

Only got a pic of the wheels atm as the rest of the stuff is down the bodyshop.

Regards.
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

keep the good work up
chris.kingston
New

Post by chris.kingston »

doing great mate, not sure about the rims theo. :?
kmr-polo
New

Post by kmr-polo »

Cheers bud, just got to put the coilovers on, Should be in primer this weekend which will give a decent picture of how it will look, Off topic, is this forum quiet.? As i have been on other when i used to track and that was full of information. And people posting.

Regards.
chris.kingston
New

Post by chris.kingston »

kmr-polo wrote:Cheers bud, just got to put the coilovers on, Should be in primer this weekend which will give a decent picture of how it will look, Off topic, is this forum quiet.? As i have been on other when i used to track and that was full of information. And people posting.

Regards.
Yea I find that myself what site do you use, and plus it takes ages for your post to be approved by the moderators :cry:
kmr-polo
New

Post by kmr-polo »

Hmm i wasnt keen on them but they started to grow on me, im going to be changing the tyres so there slightly more stretch etc. And repaint them i will be getting rid of the stickerbomb centre caps.

Probably paint them Semi matt black, or a silver.

Give me some ideas for colours Lads!
kmr-polo
New

Post by kmr-polo »

chris.kingston wrote:
kmr-polo wrote:Cheers bud, just got to put the coilovers on, Should be in primer this weekend which will give a decent picture of how it will look, Off topic, is this forum quiet.? As i have been on other when i used to track and that was full of information. And people posting.

Regards.
Yea I find that myself what site do you use, and plus it takes ages for your post to be approved by the moderators :cry:

Urm i pop on clubpolo every now and then.. thats not to bad but both are pretty inactive.. :\
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Post by racerjonzo »

I think, its mainly due to uk-polos doing the whole 'facebook' thing now too... ive had a few polos mainly 6n's and pop on to give a hand to fellow guys and some ideas, and partly to do my nosey.... also have loads of parts floating round house that I need t get rid of :P

IMO I love the wheels.. and polo is coming aog dde... I recently sprayed one in satin black... but is now deceased unfortunately :P