Polo WRC

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Polo WRC

Post by Wolfi »

Just seen the details of the Polo WRC ahead of the 2013 season. I think that it looks really good.
Also, I spent time admiring the WRC street car. I think that looks fantstic IMO, but I'm guessing that not everybody will love all of the 'WRC' stickers and badges all over the place.
I think we'll be lucky to ever see one as their only ever making 2,500 models.
Little bit on it here.....
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... polo-r-wrc
http://volkswagen-motorsport.com/index.php?id=50&L=1
...and for the actual rally car.....
http://volkswagen-motorsport.com/index.php?id=48&L=1

What do you think....
George H
Bronze Member

Re: Polo WRC

Post by George H »

I've been trying to find out when they will be releasing these for the past 8 months, dealers didn't even know of it.

Typical I get a new car and then it comes out :(

A bit disappointed with the figures though, only 0.5s shaved off the 0-60 time, and a manual gearbox? DSG would be miles better imo.
gavs
Silver Member

Polo WRC

Post by gavs »

I used to be a massive advocate of the DSG box but I for one am glad that they are only offering a manual version after m last 5 weeks of troubles:(

Won't apparently be built in RHD either.
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

Personally I think it is a let down by VW. A good idea lost in translation to satisfy the model heirachy. :cry:

Fwd - poor show
Lhd only - sh!t show
Manual only - WTF! Even the WRC car is sequential, at least give it as an option!

Even the engine is a let down. VW have opted for the MKVI GTI engine when they could have easily dropped in an ED35 engine with the ko4 turbo and loaded it with at least 250bhp.

I'd like to bet that it hasn't even got a mechanical LSD!!!
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

I'd love to see this without the decals. Would look so stealthy in grey 8)
George H
Bronze Member

Post by George H »

Hurdy wrote:Personally I think it is a let down by VW. A good idea lost in translation to satisfy the model heirachy. :cry:

Fwd - poor show
Lhd only - sh!t show
Manual only - WTF! Even the WRC car is sequential, at least give it as an option!

Even the engine is a let down. VW have opted for the MKVI GTI engine when they could have easily dropped in an ED35 engine with the ko4 turbo and loaded it with at least 250bhp.

I'd like to bet that it hasn't even got a mechanical LSD!!!
It's especially disappointing when you think Audi released the A1 Quattro not long before.. 4WD, 250+bhp, DSG gearbox. This is unbelievably tame in comparison!