help new member!!!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
phileccles
New

help new member!!!

Post by phileccles »

hello i am new to this i have just bought a 52 plate 1.9 sdi i believe this is a mk 6? i want to get sum tt comps for it will they fit i.e are they the correct stud fitment i would also like to get coilovers for it will i get much drop with 17"s or i will i need stretched tyres any help would be appreciated.
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Re: help new member!!!

Post by Ben90 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :) Yes the 52 plate would be a mk6, or officially it's a mk4 if you're talking to VW. We just call them 9N's to avoid confusion and as it's in the chassis/VIN number of that model.

Yes TT comps should fit no problem, but they're pretty rare. Best bet is to keep an eye on here, eBay or Gumtree for a set to come up. I'm not sure on droppage as I've still yet to lower mine but somebody here will know :D
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

195/40/17 on the comps and you can go as low as you want. I had 205's on mine and got a little rubbing on front.
phileccles
New

Post by phileccles »

Thank you for the help :) i was wondering which 1 mine is (9n) and yea i am begging to relise they are rare/expensive but they do look the part :) thanks.
Ladiesman_317
Bronze Member

Post by Ladiesman_317 »

BBS Montreal 2. All day, Everyday. :wink:
PLATINUMBABYx
New

Post by PLATINUMBABYx »

nah, TT comps look best on mk3 golf's and should stay there ! get some th mono's instead, still rare but worth it. :D