Making money with Supercars- R8 and a GTR...

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Making money with Supercars- R8 and a GTR...

Post by MODDED9N »

So my Dad and myself were chatting about supercars and if you can make money off of them. I joked and said 'lets get an R8 and a GTR R35 and rent them out for day rental, track days etc'.. To which my dad replied 'If you find a market then lets do it..' :shock:

Now I would love a GTR and an R8 in my drive way as much as the next guy but I cannot tell if it is my love for cars or if I can genuinely see a market there. Surely if I had the vehicles serviced, taxed and MOTed and all they had to do was sell the rental of the vehicles then that is a good deal for them because they don't have to fork out 75k for two cars?

Would like to know peoples thoughts :) Thanks
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Re: Making money with Supercars- R8 and a GTR...

Post by greypolo9n3 »

MODDED9N wrote:So my Dad and myself were chatting about supercars and if you can make money off of them. I joked and said 'lets get an R8 and a GTR R35 and rent them out for day rental, track days etc'.. To which my dad replied 'If you find a market then lets do it..' :shock:

Now I would love a GTR and an R8 in my drive way as much as the next guy but I cannot tell if it is my love for cars or if I can genuinely see a market there. Surely if I had the vehicles serviced, taxed and MOTed and all they had to do was sell the rental of the vehicles then that is a good deal for them because they don't have to fork out 75k for two cars?

Would like to know peoples thoughts :) Thanks
Loving the idea :P....do it!..if u have that kind of money :o

You can charge a cheaper rate than other dudes and youll be laughing ;)
blazeguarder
Gold Member

Post by blazeguarder »

Ask yourself this - how are you going to be able to get people into those cars on a regular basis to cover the cost of maintenance/purchase? What's your advertising model like?
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Post by MODDED9N »

Well I was trying to separate my love of cars from a good business idea and i just can't see how I could compare with those large companies that have 20+ supercars. I would not be marketing the vehicles, I would be letting them out to rental companies... But I would have to maintain the vehicles, tyres, servicing etc..
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

I work for a smallish company that deals with car rentals, it's a tough market to get into, you need a lot of money and contacts behind you. It isn't just as simple as buy a car, rent it out, maintain it.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

People generally abuse Rental cars too (who wouldn't?) so the cost of maintenance on two high performance motors would be very expensive.

You would be better trying the chauffeur market for weddings, parties etc because you can still charge good money.

If you have got 75K to burn on cars though chances are you probably don't need to set up this business?
Just ask your dad to buy one and twist his arm for insurance :mrgreen: you can then enjoy it yourself