PJ's Polo

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Piers0930
Bronze Member

Re: PJ's Polo

Post by Piers0930 »

macp wrote:Good thread enjoyed reading it and you have definitely got skills too the car looks superb.
aww. babes. <3 xoxoxo
thank you.

dunno weather to put a 1.6 in it. x
macp
Getting There!

Post by macp »

If you can find a 1.4 16v you will be impressed. It definitely thinks its something bigger.
MJS_93
Getting There!

Post by MJS_93 »

macp wrote:If you can find a 1.4 16v you will be impressed. It definitely thinks its something bigger.
Indeed, I have the 1.4 16v 100bhp version and it is certainly packs a punch especially as it's just as fast as a lot of 1.6's such as Ford Focus's and Vauxhall Astra's.
Piers0930
Bronze Member

Post by Piers0930 »

macp wrote:If you can find a 1.4 16v you will be impressed. It definitely thinks its something bigger.
Ive got a 1.6 engine babe x
ricky_noel
Getting There!

Re: My Polo 1.0 E First Car

Post by ricky_noel »

Piers0930 wrote:Image
RClick centeral locking installed, best upgrade so far, so much more easier to lock
also finished boot build now, i ported the sub to have even more bass pump out of it
were did u get the aerial base from mine the same is all cracked ? thanks
ricky_noel
Getting There!

Post by ricky_noel »

Piers0930 wrote:Image
RClick centeral locking installed, best upgrade so far, so much more easier to lock
also finished boot build now, i ported the sub to have even more bass pump out of it
were did u get the aerial base from mine the same is all cracked ? thanks
James.watts95
Getting There!

Post by James.watts95 »

how easy was it to fit the climate control? is it just a straight swap? or is it alot of modyfieing to do?
Piers0930
Bronze Member

Post by Piers0930 »

were did u get the aerial base from mine the same is all cracked ? thanks[/quote]

eBay mate, i expect the VW sell them, but i got a shark fin instead. (:
Piers0930
Bronze Member

Post by Piers0930 »

James.watts95 wrote:how easy was it to fit the climate control? is it just a straight swap? or is it alot of modyfieing to do?
Yeah a lot of modding, cutting the air con pipes on the other climatic control. not a straight swap of the controls. .
do be honest i know its gay having a first car with no nice futures, but i would save your money and if your new driver get a GTI after 1 year of no claims.

fingers cross when i do the engine conversation once it warms up my insurance will be about 2k.
Dels_concept_gti
New

Post by Dels_concept_gti »

hi mate i really want ti change my heater control panel i bought a climate control panel from cheapbay ;) and was planning on fitting it. i was wrong when i removed the unit there was cables n alsorts so foooked it off as a bad job but still want to convert it few people say they have done it ! can anybody help or do it for me beer token attached ;)
Piers0930
Bronze Member

Post by Piers0930 »

Dels_concept_gti wrote:hi mate i really want ti change my heater control panel i bought a climate control panel from cheapbay ;) and was planning on fitting it. i was wrong when i removed the unit there was cables n alsorts so foooked it off as a bad job but still want to convert it few people say they have done it ! can anybody help or do it for me beer token attached ;)

Yeah you will need the full heater control matrix, and then open it up and remove the air con rad, and then have to cut off some plastic, and then mount on the car.

You will have to take your dashboard completely out mind, and its honestly not worth it, but i cant say that has i never knew what was the other matrix was like as i never was driving on the road then.

Is the manual heater horrible??
Piers0930
Bronze Member

Post by Piers0930 »

Piers0930
Bronze Member

PJ's Polo - Update

Post by Piers0930 »

Well guys, I am thinking of getting some BBS RM's for my birthday in June.

I have a GTI Lump to put in the old girl in August, we have just got it out of the donor car.

Should be pretty straight forward, as i already have the breaks.

Just putting in the new engine loom, and taking the dash back out!

I'm hoping to get it done in a weekend fingers crossed. Time we get the 1.0 out then the 1.6 in i expect it will be enough for one day, and then work on the interior the next.

Please follow me on Instagram for more photos ;)
PJNayler
Also hoping to get the body work sorted out, and maybe a polish buff for the summer.

i'm loving this

update to betty

Colour coded strips and washer jets

Thinking about getting a stubby mirror from Germany
James.watts95
Getting There!

Post by James.watts95 »

that smooth polo is lush man, mines looking fairly similar to that atm, also let me know how the conversion goes cause im planning to do one to mine, also do you know if it uses the same engine mounts?
IMG_0807 by James.watts95, on Flickr
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

GTI engine mounts are GTI specific as they as stiffer and different by design