Sqeaky Suspension.....

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
mt8
New

Re: Sqeaky Suspension.....

Post by mt8 »

Hi, not been on here for a long while and just found this interesting thread!

I had the same issue on my 1.2 TSI SEL at Christmas just gone, got the dealership to look at it whilst it was in for its 2 yr service. Car had only done 13K and this noise had started several weeks earlier exactly as described in previous threads.

The dealer has now rectified this problem by replacing the O/ S/F steering arm inner ball joint under warranty, to their credit they managed to diagnose this with the noise disappearing the week before I took it in, sods law.

All now sorted and no reoccurrence :D
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

Yep, one day it does it, the next it does'nt.....the same old Vdub story..... :roll:
Match
Bronze Member

Sqeaky Suspension.....

Post by Match »

mt8 wrote:Hi, not been on here for a long while and just found this interesting thread!

I had the same issue on my 1.2 TSI SEL at Christmas just gone, got the dealership to look at it whilst it was in for its 2 yr service. Car had only done 13K and this noise had started several weeks earlier exactly as described in previous threads.

The dealer has now rectified this problem by replacing the O/ S/F steering arm inner ball joint under warranty, to their credit they managed to diagnose this with the noise disappearing the week before I took it in, sods law.

Thanks for this. Not sure if I can be arsed to get it sorted haha. Was it fixed in a day?
Wolfi
Bronze Member

Post by Wolfi »

Match wrote:
mt8 wrote:Hi, not been on here for a long while and just found this interesting thread!

Thanks for this. Not sure if I can be arsed to get it sorted haha. Was it fixed in a day?
Ha, yeah agree, something that is likely to take ages for the smallest of squeaks.....
mt8
New

Post by mt8 »

Yes only took half a day, they did it whilst it was in for its service.
robbieg
Getting There!

Post by robbieg »

I've been getting a knocking from nearside front and also heavy steering on occasions,
i took into dealers and they took it out and also got me to drive while technician listened and nothing and took into workshop and couldnt see anything wrong.
Ive had it serviced since (20K) and nothing picked up then.
Its still doing it now on occasions.

Very strange
Wolfi
Bronze Member

Post by Wolfi »

...Heavy steering - Might be a power steering fault then
robbieg
Getting There!

Post by robbieg »

I told them about the heavy steering at the time and they said it was due to me having just changed a front tyre.
mattymdm
Bronze Member

Post by mattymdm »

Hi guys , Just registered as i've got a R-Line on order and work at VW. But to the point, I had this customer complaint the other day and it turned out to be the anti roll bar bushes. Disconnect both anti roll bar drop links and put the roll bar up out of the way of the driveshafts and test. However if its still under warranty why not just go back to the dealer?
Wolfi
Bronze Member

Post by Wolfi »

Quick update....
Over the last 2-3 weeks, the squeak has gone and it cannot be heard. This comes after the car has stopped going over some nasty speedbumps so often. Either that or its some how managed to cure itself without any work being done on it.
Match
Bronze Member

Sqeaky Suspension.....

Post by Match »

Wolfi wrote:Quick update....
Over the last 2-3 weeks, the squeak has gone and it cannot be heard. This comes after the car has stopped going over some nasty speedbumps so often. Either that or its some how managed to cure itself without any work being done on it.
Funny you should mention this as I have stopped driving over speed bumps that I would usually twice a week and I haven't noticed the squeaking. Such a minor change though...