Front Bushes Replacement - £183????

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
EB V10
New

Front Bushes Replacement - £183????

Post by EB V10 »

Just rung the local garage to see how much it would be for replacing the bushes on the front. they quoted £183 for just the front set. Does that sound about right? Would have thought it would be cheaper than that.
NudgerSS
New

Re: Front Bushes Replacement - £183????

Post by NudgerSS »

If you mean the front and rear console bushes then it is a bit of a fiddly job. That said, I replaced mine myself and the hardest bit is getting the arm back in. A rope tourniquet squeezed it back. Using polyflex bushes too so you don't have to press them in as you do with the Vw/seat ones.

So in answer to your original question - dunno...

Cheers - John
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

I got mine done in January and bought the seat bushes £14 and it cost £108 labour but they fitted new anti roll bar bushes and brackets at the same time that I had supplied so if it is supply and fit then they are not far off the mark. I would have done them myself but didn't have the time to do them. The garage do they in situ where I would have had to strip the suspension down.
quinnygti
Bronze Member

Post by quinnygti »

Sounds abit steep if u ask me I fitted mind a few months ago and it's about 45 mins a side so a garage should charge about 2 hrs labour.