Red 1.6tdi, low and getting there

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Re: Red 1.6tdi, low and getting there

Post by greypolo9n3 »

benjamin wrote:Going up is not an option for me, I really want it lower if I'm honest. Think it might just be a case of bite the bullet and take them out...........or drive slower...... :P

On the off chance, does anyone know of a 6r gti grill for sale, or how much they are from the stealers?
Ebay ones are like 70-90

I saw a african site forgotten what its called but a gti grill non genuine was 35quid

I think at the dealers its about 120 i cant remember
bii3h
New

Post by bii3h »

This is coming along nice pal!

Your KW's.....what do you think to them? Are they the variant 1's that are about £800 if you dont mind me asking?

bii3h
benjamin
Getting There!

Post by benjamin »

bii3h wrote:This is coming along nice pal!

Your KW's.....what do you think to them? Are they the variant 1's that are about £800 if you dont mind me asking?

bii3h
Thanks very much :)

The kw's are great, the ride is definitely stiff and I do drive slow over bad bits of road and speed humps, but I use my car everyday at work, and it's fine for normal use, it's very good on a B road now, handling is great. And that bearing in mind I haven't got helpers, adjusters or bumps stops in, I can't really complain. I paid second hand money for mine. But new I think you can get for around £600.
bii3h
New

Post by bii3h »

Thanks for that mate!

Been thinking about either these or Bilstein's.....just nice to hear some first hand experience.

bii3h
PogoCT
Getting There!

Post by PogoCT »

greypolo9n3 wrote:
benjamin wrote:Going up is not an option for me, I really want it lower if I'm honest. Think it might just be a case of bite the bullet and take them out...........or drive slower...... :P

On the off chance, does anyone know of a 6r gti grill for sale, or how much they are from the stealers?
Ebay ones are like 70-90

I saw a african site forgotten what its called but a gti grill non genuine was 35quid

The sites you referring to is either Maxmotorpsort OR Autostyle.... they cost bout R700 which works out to 35 - 40 pound give or take.
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Post by greypolo9n3 »

PogoCT wrote:
greypolo9n3 wrote:

Ebay ones are like 70-90

The sites you referring to is either Maxmotorpsort OR Autostyle.... they cost bout R700 which works out to 35 - 40 pound give or take.
yeahh max motorsport thats the one, theyre cheap on there but i guess customs would make up for it! :(
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Just seen this on the Auto Trader fella, stand down operation Photoshop :lol:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 8208395285
PogoCT
Getting There!

Post by PogoCT »

They not that cheap - even their in country courier costs from Jhb to Cape Town is like R500 for a R700 item....WTF??? :?

I shudder to think what they would charge to ship to your side of the pond.
benjamin
Getting There!

Post by benjamin »

AJ_7 wrote:Just seen this on the Auto Trader fella, stand down operation Photoshop :lol:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 8208395285
Yep, that's it, blacks got to be done :) great shout on that AJ_7
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

I've been looking for somewhere reputable to refurbish my Boavista's for some time now to no avail unfortunately. Where abouts are you located? If you do get it done let me know where and the cost associated with it!

Cheers,

AJ
benjamin
Getting There!

Post by benjamin »

Has anyone got any ideas on what tyre sizes I should at on my boavistas to get a nice strectched look?
benjamin
Getting There!

Post by benjamin »

Just stuck my boavistas up in the for sale section :)
benjamin
Getting There!

Post by benjamin »

Been having a little play with the kw suspension, some 20mm spacers and a new camera :)

Boavistas still for sale btw