Re: Polo 1.2 TDi Match (First car!)

Post by mashmarriner »

both look unreal man
Match
Bronze Member

Polo 1.2 TDi Match (First car!)

Post by Match »

mashmarriner wrote:both look unreal man
thanks mate! I think I might have lowered them a bit too much but hopefully it will still look good
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

So; updated plans (mainly so I don't forget) for the summer as I've got some decent work sorted:

- Wolfrace Asia-Tec JDM 17" @ around £600 with tyres
- Spacers for the rears @ £50?
- 35/50mm springs @ £75-150
- Maybe some yellow vinyl for the fogs/headlights @ £20 max
C17LJR
Bronze Member

Post by C17LJR »

Plans look good. If it were me though, I'd be tempted to look for a decent second hand set of wheels, would get something cheaper
jakovdub
Silver Member

Post by jakovdub »

This is mine with BBS Reps an the yellow fogs, kind of what the first pic looks like :) i hope this helps....

Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

C17LJR wrote:Plans look good. If it were me though, I'd be tempted to look for a decent second hand set of wheels, would get something cheaper
What kind of wheels? A set of porsche wheels and tires go on eBay for a good price so they're a definite option, maybe even some OEM ones
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

jakovdub wrote:This is mine with BBS Reps an the yellow fogs, kind of what the first pic looks like :) i hope this helps....

Helps alot thanks! I'm quite keen on the matte black version of your wheels with gold bolts, I think it would go well with the silver
C17LJR
Bronze Member

Post by C17LJR »

Match wrote:
C17LJR wrote:Plans look good. If it were me though, I'd be tempted to look for a decent second hand set of wheels, would get something cheaper
What kind of wheels? A set of porsche wheels and tires go on eBay for a good price so they're a definite option, maybe even some OEM ones
Not sure mate, there's plenty about.

What size are you thinking? I've got a set on Porsche design 90s that'd look good ;)
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

C17LJR wrote:
Match wrote:
Not sure mate, there's plenty about.

What size are you thinking? I've got a set on Porsche design 90s that'd look good ;)
Probably 17, possibly 18. What size/how much? I should be in the market for new wheels in a month or so :)
C17LJR
Bronze Member

Post by C17LJR »

Unfortunately the d90s are only 16" mate,
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

C17LJR wrote:Unfortunately the d90s are only 16" mate,
I thought so. I'd have them if I had a Lupo :p I'll be looking out for some Boxster wheels on eBay for now
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Been off the forum for a few months, busy with work and sorting out university stuff for september. Also almost bought a mk2 golf on 2 different occasions but it didnt work out :P anyway on top of the long list of problems I've already had with the Polo, I have more to add;

- Huge clunk/grinding sound from under the engine/around the pedals as I left off one morning. Didn't really happen again.
- Brakes sqeaking very loudly, especially left front
- Left rear suspension creaks
- 3rd gear issues; sometimes pops out of gear and grinds loudly. Only ever 3rd gear, plus it feels as though I have to slam it in to gear unlike the others

Need to get it back to VW soon (again). I want to try and get them to sort every problem with it whilst it's under warranty.

Also as I've worked loads this summer and I finally have some money (plus insurance is being reasonable now that I'm 18) I may actually be modding soon. Been looking at FK coilovers and some 17" RAY'S Inovit ST16s just to tempt myself 8)
PogoCT
Getting There!

Post by PogoCT »

A rough idea of how your polo should look with the second choice in rims - that is with a 35mm VW/Eibach drop.

Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

PogoCT wrote:A rough idea of how your polo should look with the second choice in rims - that is with a 35mm VW/Eibach drop.

Thanks. There's actually a guy on here with Rota Grids which are more similar, they look so good. I am thinking of 50mm rear/35mm front drop if I go for springs.
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Keep changing my mind on plans so here's the latest in order:

- Debadge
- New plates (had an incident with a pheasant, cracked the front one)
- H&R 25/40 springs
- Realised Inovit are rip offs of RAY's wheels; they actually say 'RAV's' on them. I think I have the money for Rota Grid, XXR 527, BBS CF or BBS CS-5 to keep it OEM+. Would go for 205/40/17 tyres I think.
- Thule roof rack
- Maybe dark yellow tints on headlights and fogs

BBS CS-5 on a 6R