9n Sports seats... and the like.

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Petrified
Sponsor

9n Sports seats... and the like.

Post by Petrified »

Hello!

New to all this but anyway.. I'm getting a new 9n FSI Sport very soon and had the choice of coloured seats/interior Grey/Red/Blue.

Does anyone have any pictures or know where there are any of the different interiors. Apparently you can also get different colour dash? black or grey. is that true? And what is the difference between sports seats and the normal ones?

Can't make up my mind. Although the red one comes with a sunroof (extra 300) and roof spoiler (free!) so I'm tempted to get that one.

Anyway, trading in my MK 5 1.0. Sad to see it go... but it was sloow and cost more to insure!?!.

Cheers.

James.
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

sports seats usually have bigger bolsters (arse supports) which means that under spirited driving conditions you slide around in the seat a lot less
and welcome
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

Great News. I've got a big arse! :lol:
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

roflmao (paging josh :P)
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Get Lost Ash! :wink:

Hi Petrified! Welcome to the Forum!

What colour car are you getting?

Either way, I recommend the Black Dash and Sports Seats! (Red Sports Seats if you are getting a Red, Black or Silver Car)
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Hello Petrified, and welcome!

Don't know about any pics, but aren't there any pics in the brochure?
I didn't know about the dash colour, thought the only option was grey :?

I'd agree with Josh though, get red seats with a red, silver or black car, and if you're getting blue, get blue ones :D
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

Hi!

I'm getting Diamond Black. And by the sounds of it Black Dash and Red Seats! The car will only take a couple of days to arrive so I might have it as soon as next week.

The only mods planned at the moment apart from the the sunroof and spoiler that will be coming with it will probably be 17" Wheels although I'll spend a while deciding which ones to get. Oh, and the sunglasses holder! Which looks ace, and practical!

I've got a sony minidisc head and CD auto changer that I'll be fitting in there from my old car, and although I'm told the existing speakers are pretty good I'll probably get some decent ones in time.

-- Oh , Just looked in the brochure and it does show the Blue seats (stupid me for not looking!) and I think the dash comes in Black, Grey or Cream depending on the model. Again, in the brochure...

James.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

There ya go, blue seats!
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Sounds nice :)

Yeh 17s are the way to go imo! :D

The standard speakers are actually very good for stock, but I've upgraded them anyway, to some Infinity Components, amped of course :)

Didn't know about the black dash, knew about cream, urrrgh!!!
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Right, I spent months studying the brochures while waiting for my car. So here are the dash options

E, S models have a Choice of Anthracite (dark grey) and Light Grey (which is in my car) depending on which colour interior you go for.

SE models have a choice of Anthracite, Light Grey and Cream (depending on which trim choice you go for again)

SPORT models have the choice of only Anthracite dash unless the car is specified with Cream leather, so the dash will be cream.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Interesting Nelson....

So its just the lower part of the dash that changes colour isnt it? So in that pic above, thats the dark grey? And you and I have the light grey? Is that right?
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

Thanks for the help guys. I have problems making desicions!

I spent most of the day last week at the dealers insisting on test driving 4 different models of the new polo!

1.2 65
1.4 FSI 86
1.4 100
1.9 TDI

and they threw in a Beetle 1.8T too! which was lots of fun but way out of my price range, and tiny inside for the size of the car.

The TDI really kicks some arse but I couldn't afford it. But I found it hard to see a huge difference between the FSI 86 and the 100. Apart from fuel efficiency of the FSI and a slightly smoother drive.

The 1.2 was pretty good too, a lot faster than my 1.0 at the moment, but i'd convinced myself to get the 'sport' and you dont get the choice.

James.
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

I've got indigo blue with blue Sports seats and they compliment each other very well. I have some decent piccies so I can mail them to you if you want.
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

I've ordered the car now and sorted out my insurance (I actually save £6.20!) I could have it as early as monday! :D
It's DBlack with the red seats.

If you have photos I'd still like to see them. My email should be below as I've just made it public.

Many thanks,
James.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Nice one :D
Get some piccies up when you get it!