Newbie saying hi

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ryan_dicko
New

Newbie saying hi

Post by ryan_dicko »

Hi everyone, Ryan here.. I'm 20 and a uni student, living in Warrington in the North West.

I've recently just got myself a '63 plate polo, SEL 1.6 tdi 3dr in nimbus grey flavour - and I love it!

Ordered the car around early October and I picked it up end of November with no problems at all during build time and getting to the dealer. The dealer was nice and informative and helpful regarding any queries I had, really impressed! It's a nice change to be driving a small car now after 2 or so years driving a Ranger pickup, and also something a lot more economical! The only thing I will miss is how practical the pickup was for Mountain Biking. I'm looking at getting a towbar fitted to the polo and then buying a bike rack. I know a 3dr isn't exactly practical for a hobby like this, but it's not like I go Mountain Biking everyday, so I'm hoping I'll be able to make do when I do go.

I mainly chose the SEL because of the diesel option to be honest, I've never drove a petrol, even when learning to drive - so I guess that's just my preference. Features in the SEL such as bluetooth and cruise control are really nice to have and I'm glad I've got them as it's something that was missing in the pickup! I had the Bi-xenon headlights and tinted rear windows fitted as extras and I think they make the car look even nicer. I also nearly had the mud flaps fitted, but I'm glad I didn't, now knowing the price of what you can pick them up for and fitting them yourself - so I'm going to do that. Also looking at some rubber mats for winter, some door sill protection and then some wind deflectors come spring time. So if there's any of the above going spare and up for sale, please let me know! (I've already found some flaps on here..).

Here's an edited pic stolen from my Instagram..
I'll try and get some decent pics up soon when I have time in the day due to light - took one or two at the weekend after a good clean and polish so will throw that up for you all.

Anyway, here's to all the fun over the next couple of years and hopefully getting to know some of you lot who frequent on here :D

Ryan
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Newbie saying hi

Post by alexperkins »

Welcome

Good choice on car. I almost got the 1.6SEL but settled for a 1.2Match TDI in the end :)

Make sure you get the short mudflaps when you choose - long ones scrape on speedbumps etc
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

Nimbus has to be my favourite colour.
mr messy
New

Post by mr messy »

hi im a newbie to.

i just got a polo gt in black and love it.

yours is better colour!
ryan_dicko
New

Post by ryan_dicko »

So, a little bit of an update...

9 months on and there's been a few changes, and some more to come.

Interior
Done..
-Rubber Matts
-LED interior bulbs throughout

No other ideas for the interior (yet)..

Exterior
Done..
-Mud flaps all round
-Wind deflectors
-Debadged rear
-Pressed plates & surrounds

To come..
-H&R lowering springs 40mm R/25mm F (just need to be fitted)
-LED bulbs front and rear (All indicators, fogs, static cornering & reversing)
-Gloss black VW badges
-Stage 1 remap
- and MAYBE some 18"s early next year sometime - depending on how it looks and sits with the standard wheels

I'll get some pics up soon when I get chance