Facelift Polo 6R spotted.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JayW
Silver Member

Re: Facelift Polo 6R spotted.

Post by JayW »

And not to mention the price that VW will probably charge us for the new headlights!!!
aaronon
Gold Member

Post by aaronon »

New headlights look lovely . . .but helped by the fact they continue the lines from the grill. So you'd probably need to get the new grill too.

Wonder are those lights standard lights. . . or are they special ones. Like will a standard Match Polo from 2010+ be able to just plug those new ones in. Interesting.
chrispy.
Gold Member

Post by chrispy. »

Youll notice in the video thats a Bluemotion polo.. So no doubt it got max everything,
For us to retro fit, would need a new BCM, headlights and wiring looms for the new bulbs, headlight washers aswell
Would be alot of work and alot of cash..
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

chrispy. wrote:Youll notice in the video thats a Bluemotion polo.. So no doubt it got max everything,
For us to retro fit, would need a new BCM, headlights and wiring looms for the new bulbs, headlight washers aswell
Would be alot of work and alot of cash..
Don't think so. They're simple halogen headlights. No need to change any control modules.

If they physically fit, there's a chance the wiring's similar. If the wiring's different, adapter looms using genuine VW parts can be made up very easily. And getting the DRLs to work is easy like I've already said before - there's already a DRL output present on the stock headlamp switch. It's a matter of running a single wire through the firewall.

Ash
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

JayW wrote:So can anyone confirm if the new headlights will be a direct fit on the old polo??

i hope we dont need extra wiring for the DRL strips to work in the headlights.
I would have thought that they would be the same as the current model. Led DRL only with the xenon option. It says in the press release 'high spec only'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chrispy.
Gold Member

Post by chrispy. »

If you watch the video again, you see the headlights turn on and off, you can tell they are not standard halogen. Which is making me think there will be alot to do to get them to fit
jezyg
New

Post by jezyg »

The lights look the same depends if the electrics have been updated with an updated CAN-bus.

I want to see a pick of a Polo S to see what a base model looks like. All the pics I have seen, seem to be of a GT. As I reckon the new range will be S, SE, GT, and GTi. Older spy pics had cars with a different (new style) front bumper, less sporty and no fogs. Looks like the new bumper in the pics is from an R Line with a new middle insert???
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

K.I.T.T. wrote:Do you have a CR TDI vc-10? What figures are you getting out of it?

Anyway I digress and will stop derailing this thread :oops:

Ash :)
Nope, but I've rented a Bluemotion and got 60-65mpg from it, a fair way off the 80mpg it's supposed to get. They're not bad- not at all. It's just that the modern engines are bloody amazing at very low throttle inputs, and aren't so much of an improvement when used in real-world use. Just look at the long threads on other forums about the new Golf's MPG figures! It's not just VW, they're all at it, and it's all because of the EU cycle not really representing normal driving any more. Just look at the sort of figures people are posting anywhere on the internet- nobody gets the official figures unless they really try. Going by this, people get around 86% of the official mpg. Comparing the figures for the 9n2 and the 6r Polos on there, the 6rs TDIs are getting better absolute figures, but worse %s (in the main- for some reason, the old Bluemotion has better figures than the new one). That's my point- the official figures are racing away from the real world ones, so I doubt that the 6r2 Polo Bluemotion TDI will get 88mpg, but it will be one of the most efficient things on the road in real world use.

And yes, I'd totally buy one if I had the cash and wasn't a poverty-stricken medical student!

Oh, and if you want a laugh, look at the figures on that site for the Focus 1.0 Ecoboost- they're hardly better than the 1.6 they replaced!
ben4012
Getting There!

Post by ben4012 »

aaronon wrote:New headlights look lovely . . .but helped by the fact they continue the lines from the grill. So you'd probably need to get the new grill too.
And then the grille won't fit the bumper so you'll need a new bumper too!
vedubber
New

Post by vedubber »

By the looks of the video it would appear the headlights are using 'projected LEDs'

Mercedes use some thing similar on the E class currently.

There is a single CRE LED mounted in the middle of the projector lense, this faces backwards towards the driver and is then projected forward and given a beam pattern by the reflector.

DRLs look very much like the light strip as on the Golf GTI and AUDI style.
mattymdm
Bronze Member

Post by mattymdm »

This might make people happy if it hasnt already been posted.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... box-option
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

mattymdm wrote:This might make people happy if it hasnt already been posted.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... box-option
It's about time they fitted a manual to the GTI. Here in Denmark we can get the Seat Ibiza Cupra with a manual gearbox on the same engine and power as the GTi. Never understood why the GTI was only available with DSG...

Looking forward too seeing the faceliftet GTI's styling though... Would be awesome if it got Golf mk 6 or 7 style bumper. :P
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Excellent info joelburbidge. :wink:
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

are you make a list of new modification ciclo?