Anyone currently waiting on a 6C factory order?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Tank Montana
Getting There!
Drives: 6C SEL DSG

Post by Tank Montana »

Hi guys,

This is my first post and I'm not technically a Polo owner yet, but I've been lurking around here for a while and was wondering if any of you are in the same situation.

I ordered a 6C (3 door, 2014 SEL 1.2 TSI DSG, in deep black) with a couple of options added (17" alloys, carpet mats, electric mirrors) back at the beginning of September and was given a projected delivery of the beginning of December (from the paperwork). Watching the VW order tracker, it went to "With the Factory" a short while after ordering, and I also received a postcard from the dealer stating the same thing.

At the end of September, I contacted my dealer wanting to swap the carpet mats for the light & sight pack, being told I had a projected build week of week 45, but changing an option might delay things. I went ahead with it and then casually tracked the online tracker, which was still saying "With the factory".

Getting quite excited that it was nearing the projected build week, I got a bit of a depressing postcard just over a week ago stating I was at "Order Placed", although the online tracker still said "With the Factory". As I'm now getting quite excited (and admittedly impatient as it's my first new car), I contacted my dealer again and he informed me that my status was "Without Production Week" (he sent a print screen of their system of all the details he had) and that VW may be moving around production dates. Out of interest I gave VW a call to see if they could confirm anything further, and was told that I was indeed without a build week and that a lot of production was going towards the Golf R, but that calling back in a week (as in 27/10/2014) may be more fruitful.

My main question here is if anyone else is in the same situation, or whether they have heard anything similar? Also, could have changing that one option caused all of this? I'm not overly concerned of a slight delay but I am going away before Christmas and was hoping to have the car by then (as my dealer is quite far away).

Apologies for the short story but thanks in advance for any replies :lol:
ben4012
Getting There!

Re: Anyone currently waiting on a 6C factory order?

Post by ben4012 »

My feeling is that the postcard is running behind. You can phone customer services with your details for a concrete answer.
alanblakey1
New
Drives: 6C SE - 3 Door - 1.2 TSI - Deep Black

Post by alanblakey1 »

Hi there,

I'm in exactly the same boat as yourself. I ordered on the 30th September for pick up some time in December. I've also went for a 3 door, 2014 SE 1.2 TSI 90ps in Deep black with wheel upgrades and a few extras inside. Essentially being a picky sod so it ended up being a factory order!

In terms of build status, mine has been jammed on 'With the factory' since I ordered a month ago now which will tie in with this Golf R switch around on the production line. I keep getting emails and SMS messages notifying me that there has been a change in the order status but then upon checking it, it’s actually been sticking on the same step ‘With the Factory’.

Come to think of it, there is a high chance our two cars will be made on the same run based on door size and colour alone. This wait is killing me though! :x
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

What's all this about production to make way for the Golf R? Polos are made at factories in Spain and South Africa and most Europe bound Golfs R's are built in Wolfsburg, Germany - I don't believe that the two are built in the same factory as each other.
Sounds like a fishy dealer cover up to me but I may well be wrong.

My Polo has arrived at the dealers today after ordering in August. (SE, 3 Door, Mayan Blue, 1.2 TSI 90ps - no other options)
alanblakey1
New

Post by alanblakey1 »

Hello hello!

Fair point but it's strange that we're both having the same glitches with tracking AND the Golf R has passed the early adopter stage and will be going through intense manufacturing to meet piling orders that have been placed on the strength of people seeing these early Golf R's.

I've spoke to my dealer about this and they just reassured me i'll definitely have my order in time, not much else! hah.
I'll contact Customer Services tomorrow and see what they have to offer.

That's a good turn around for yourself though @Wolfi

Cheers,
Alan
Tank Montana
Getting There!

Post by Tank Montana »

I just spoke to customer support a minute ago and believe it or not (I'm quite annoyed), they are saying the build week confirmed is... Week 6 (yes, February 2015 :evil: ). She also said to me that a 6 month lead time is normal (which I hope is a joke), and that after week 45, this build week 6 may come forward.

@alanblakey1 - I would suggest getting on the phone to VW to check with them as for me, if this date is true, I'll be cancelling the order as I have a buyer for my current car waiting.

Sorry to be the bearer of (potentially) bad news.
Jamesbluegt
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r bluegt

Post by Jamesbluegt »

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago called today and they said week 48 is my build week but may come forward original estimated delivery was last week of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alanblakey1
New

Post by alanblakey1 »

Just called customer service and also my dealer to see what's going on and i've had duplicate info from both of them.

Essentially my build week has fluctuated massively since ordering and it's now currently sitting at week 2, so mid Jan 2015, with this being the highest it's been. Dealer has reassured me that this build date can always change and it's not worth cancelling the order/taking any extreme measures as of yet until this build week is in a 'confirmed' state. I have never been told about the 6 month lead time though?

I'm in the same boat as you, I have a '07 VW Fox that needs Tax and an MOT at the back end of December. If worst comes to worst i'd be happy for them to keep the fox road worthy until I get the Polo as not only does this mean I don't have to cancel but the dealer also doesn't loose a sale on annual targets so we're both keen to keep our heads together on this.

I didn't think this whole factory order process would be so all over the place! Got everything crossed at my end!
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

Is it tricky finding cars with options 'straight off the boat' as it were? I'm thinking of ordering a 5dr SE TSI. Not massively fussed about colour, as I like most of them, but I'd like ACC because it's simply damn cool, and, seeing as the dearest parents would be financially assisting, they want the safety gizmos.
Tank Montana
Getting There!

Post by Tank Montana »

@Jamesbluegt - Out of interest, do you know if that is the confirmed or a provisional build week?

@alanblakey1 - I was shocked when she said six months was normal, considering all the dealers I visited quoted me 12 weeks. I said this to her but she couldn't comment on what dealers may say. She also told me there was no indicated delays from the factory for 3 door Polo's, which again makes me wonder how they come up with dates in 2015. From what I can gather, there is no consistency in regard to order dates and the subsequent lead times. Also, I was told my February build date was confirmed, which would make delivery March I'm guessing, but may become sooner.

I'm really in a pickle here, the dealer side of things has been very smooth and the deal itself is great, but a potential six months wait (seven including delivery) for a lightly spec'd polo is a joke IMO.
alanblakey1
New

Post by alanblakey1 »

@vc-10 I don’t know if this is dealer talk but apparently nearly every other polo order is a factory order still. There is a great stock pool of the 1.0 BlueMotion engine range but the TSI engines aren’t as common resulting in the factory order. 6c has only been on sale for about 8 months now so factories will be running flat out. Go choose yourself a Seat Ibiza FR as I nearly did and you could have it on your drive within 24 hours! hah.

@tankmontana I agree, there is currently no supply chain issues/recalls that would cause such a delay. The one thing that I can imagine will cause problems is the Christmas break but I’ve never been expected to factor this in to the build time scale from the dealer. I’m going to be furious if it’s not being built until January. I'll be totally screwed. Getting back to the fluctuations on my build week though, mine has so far been as close as being built within 3 weeks from now up until week 2 in Jan, so the fluctuation is massive and doesn't necessarily mean it will be as late as that.

Anyone ever heard of dealers helping customers out in this situation?
grayzer
New
Drives: Match 1.2 5 Door Nimbus Grey

Post by grayzer »

I had my 1.2 TSI SEL confirmed in August (5dr, reflex silver) and picked it up last week and that was after shipping from South Africa. You would be better searching online for an ex-demo model rather than waiting 6 months.
Jamesbluegt
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r bluegt

Post by Jamesbluegt »

@Tank Montana - it's a provisional build week sorry I didn't put that in, she did say it could come forward tho but nothing about being pushed back so gonna call again next week to find out where there up too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tank Montana
Getting There!

Post by Tank Montana »

@vc-10 - The only thing I would add further to alanblakey1's comment is that sometimes dealers already have build slots which they could possibly give you, but then allow you to make slight changes. I'm not sure where I read it but I think it's mostly only addons which can change; the base car format, colour and engine are already selected by that time. This means you'll possibly have a build date already at purchase and wait a bit less for delivery.

@alanblakey1 - It looks like our build weeks were within the given time frame of our original order date (around eight weeks after order) as mine was week 45 (next week in fact :cry: ). What made me laugh about this more is that after being told about the six month lead by the CS rep, I remembered that my agreement said December 6th as the expected delivery date, which essentially makes the claim completely false. I really cannot understand the fluctuations either though to be honest, I went from no build week last week to February this; the VW gods hate me and/or my Polo.

@Jamesbluegt - It'd be good if you could keep us updated on your build date as your the most recent to order (from what I gather), so this may help us judge overall times and delays.

It did come to mind that maybe our dealers or dealer groups could have different build slot dates or total number of slots, or maybe our purchase route/option (directly or through brokers, finance etc.), so these also might be influencing things.
alanblakey1
New

Post by alanblakey1 »

@Tankmontana Keep me posted on what developments you come across, as will I. I have my dealer keeping in contact with me regularly now after expressing my concerns to them guys. Will be interesting to see what pans out. Which dealer did you use if you don’t mind me asking?

On a brighter note, Has anyone driven the 90ps TSI? My dealer only had them horrific 1.0 BlueMotion engines and one 110ps SEL so drove both and had to guesstimate what returns i’d get from the 90PS. Would be good to hear what it feels like!

I also think that this infotainment system has quite a lot on offer, I thought it was just DAB and good for bluetooth streaming but am I right in saying you can take calls through it to as well as it having a bunch of info about the car too?

Again, has anyone had any goodwill gestures from dealers with Factory order mess ups??