Diesel performance chip

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Maccakevin74
New
Drives: Polo 1.2tdi

Diesel performance chip

Post by Maccakevin74 »

I'm after chipping my 1.2tdi
Can anyone recommend one. I'd rather go for a tried and tested one than take pot luck.
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Re: Diesel performance chip

Post by rsmagee »

Are you wanting a box or a remap?
Maccakevin74
New
Drives: Polo 1.2tdi

Post by Maccakevin74 »

A box. Just something to give a little more oomph for not a lot of cash.
Jamesbluegt
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r bluegt

Diesel performance chip

Post by Jamesbluegt »

Dtuk seem to have really good boxes from stuff iv read on here and elsewhere not from experience (yet) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Post by greypolo9n3 »

save up and get a map...miles better off
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by jammydodger »

There aren't any maps available for the 1.2 TDI as they use the Delphi ECU and due to low demand and the discontinuation of the engine it is unlikely companies will take time to unlock this ECU :( I run a Ronbox 2b on my 1.2 TDI which "adjusts" the fuel injection as well as the boost rate (unlike other boxes it compensates for tricking the engine to chick a load of fuel in so the extra fuel is actually burned off) I've had the cheaper ones on eBay that are going for around £70 and tbh they're crap. My car started juddering at standstill and didn't sound too health, not to mention the fact that it hardly did anything anyway.

With the Ronbox you can feel the car give you a bit of a shove and certainly accelerates much more freely and quicker. I'd say I'm currently running at around 90bhp as it doesn't feel much slower than my sisters 100bhp 1.9 TDI Polo although that certainly gives you a good shove when you need to accelerate quickly.

I hope this helps
Tooks
Bronze Member
Drives: 2011 Polo GTI

Post by Tooks »

I 'look after' another Poo 6R, a 1.2 TDI, to which I've fitted a few mods including lowering springs, leather steering wheel, and some other interior stuff.

That runs a CR Tech 2 'Blue Spark' tuning box, and it has performed well for the 6 months or so it has been on there.

It's set at the default settings, and you can feel the improvements in torque from standstill. At standard, power and torque are up about 15%. I've tried the higher settings, and it didn't throw any lights or codes, but the owner was happy with the default settings as it improved the driveability, and mid range.

It's one of the cheaper boxes around, (circa £125-150) but it appears to be a good quality unit, the retailer is helpful and the engine has been absolutely fine. I researched these a lot when I was buying and spoke to the manufacturer/retailer.

They do some other versions including Pro and Pro + Boost, and if I didn't already have a TMC box on my GTI I'd be getting one of these.