New Lights & Lowering

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
robertsm66
Bronze Member
Drives: VW 1.2 TSI

Re: New Lights & Lowering

Post by robertsm66 »

There is a adjustment screw / bolt which allows you to adjust the beam direction. Mine as now set up as per my original lights.

LHD or RHD makes no difference as you can adjust the beam patten to suit which side you drive on.
kaz101
New
Drives: blueGT

Post by kaz101 »

Sorry to be a pain! Maybe I've not explain probably. I understand you can adjust the beam directions to point up/down/left/right.
As from what I know the light patten should be as follows:

LHD ___/___/___

RHD ___\___\___

LHD

RHD will be flipped the other way.

As My last set of light for My other car it fail the MOT due the patten was for LHD and can't be adjusted or flipped to RHD.
Ended up refitted the original back on and £350 out of pocket, as I had them on for couple months the seller won't take them back and sold it on ebay for 1/2 the price I got them for. :cry:
I don't wanna repeat as my Mrs wasn't too happy last time round.

Thanks
robertsm66
Bronze Member
Drives: VW 1.2 TSI

Post by robertsm66 »

Wow, some good headlight info there. I'll have a look next time I'm out in the dark.

Keep your old headlights and swap out before MOT. Problem solved !
Tooks
Bronze Member
Drives: 2011 Polo GTI

Post by Tooks »

robertsm66 wrote:Wow, some good headlight info there. I'll have a look next time I'm out in the dark.

Keep your old headlights and swap out before MOT. Problem solved !
Well, not exactly, as you'll be driving around dazzling other drivers with LHD lights in a UK market?

You could still fit beam deflectors to the LHD headlights, like LHD vehicles are supposed to when driven on UK roads (and vice versa), but it would look rubbish.
kaz101
New
Drives: blueGT

Post by kaz101 »

robertsm66 Any news on the light patten? I heard that Dectane Daylines version can be flip for RHD or LHD! :roll: