New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Jamwllms
New
Drives: Polo 6C BlueGT

Re: New GTI

Post by Jamwllms »

Andy4791 wrote:I park my car in garage at night and have to fold my mirrors in to keep over to one side as not that big. If I folded the mirrors in via the button inside the car then locked it, would they open when I unlocked car or only when I use the switch inside again, hope this isn't to confusingly written lol
Should only be when you use the switch again, although I will test tomorrow if noone else confirms.
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Ok cheers, I ask cos I would want them opening as I unlock as would catch the frame of garage on way out then as door opening is narrower than the garage itself
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

For those of you waiting for a white one, here's a little look up close and personal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kBaJKLYCZU
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

could he have got any more of the specs wrong lol
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Post by blackertracker »

Newbie here!

Just ordered a new Polo GTI to take advantage of the £1000 VW PCP deposit contribution offer that expires today. Planning on paying it off straight away though.

Flash Red, 5 door, Manual.
Sport Kit, Parking Pack (cruise & camera), Sunroof, Winter Pack, Climate, Sat Nav, Voice Activation, Folding Mirrors, Armrest, Airbag Deactivation, Service Plan.
Edit: also added Light & Sight pack as dealer said you have to have it if specifying Climate :roll:
Last edited by blackertracker on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Nice one, welcome to the waiting room lol
blackertracker
Bronze Member

Post by blackertracker »

Andy4791 wrote:Nice one, welcome to the waiting room lol
Thanks!

Not owned a Polo before, but have had 3 Mk2 Golf GTIs in the family, which I feel this new GTI is the spiritual successor to given its similar dimensions.
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

blackertracker wrote:
Thanks!

Not owned a Polo before, but have had 3 Mk2 Golf GTIs in the family, which I feel this new GTI is the spiritual successor to given its similar dimensions.
I'm gonna be new to VW too, always had Fords, apart from a BMW Mini which I rejected as was worst car I'd ever owned lol.
blackertracker
Bronze Member

Post by blackertracker »

Andy4791 wrote:
blackertracker wrote:
Thanks!

I'm gonna be new to VW too, always had Fords, apart from a BMW Mini which I rejected as was worst car I'd ever owned lol.
Ah, I'm not new to VW just to the Polo, also got a Mk4 Golf 2.0 Estate. Had a look at the new 5 door Mini Cooper and Cooper S too.

What has been the waiting time for your car if you don't mind me asking?
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

I ordered on Feb 13th, not got a build date yet but dealer was saying a build week maybe of half way thru may. Others on here will know more as have been confirmed theirs
Jamwllms
New
Drives: Polo 6C BlueGT

Post by Jamwllms »

Andy4791 wrote:Ok cheers, I ask cos I would want them opening as I unlock as would catch the frame of garage on way out then as door opening is narrower than the garage itself
Confirmed: If the switch inside the car indicates the mirrors to fold, they will not unfold until you turn the nob to another setting. Even if you turn on the ignition.
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Jamwllms wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:Ok cheers, I ask cos I would want them opening as I unlock as would catch the frame of garage on way out then as door opening is narrower than the garage itself
Confirmed: If the switch inside the car indicates the mirrors to fold, they will not unfold until you turn the nob to another setting. Even if you turn on the ignition.
Brilliant m8 thx, just how I need it. I've lost count of how many times I've had to get out my car an fold my mirror in cos I've forgot to do it as I open my garage door
Nobziller
New

Post by Nobziller »

I ordered mine on the 16th of feb and still waiting for a build week. It's kind of annoyed me that some options are now available but when I ordered mine there wasn't that many options for it. But I can't change it which has annoyed me
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Nobziller wrote:I ordered mine on the 16th of feb and still waiting for a build week. It's kind of annoyed me that some options are now available but when I ordered mine there wasn't that many options for it. But I can't change it which has annoyed me
Which options u mean m8