TheFrog's Blue GT 6C

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Re: TheFrog's Blue GT 6C

Post by TheFrog »

I asked my dealer to remove the front GT badge prior to delivery. He told me he had to remove the grill to do the job cleanly, but said it wasn't a problem.
turbocatt
New
Drives: bluegt

Post by turbocatt »

hi
not sure on right site,but here goes anyway.the new 2015 polo blue gt comes with full size
spare wheel.what size space saver spare wheel would it require to replace the full size spare ,thanks
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

TheFrog wrote:I asked my dealer to remove the front GT badge prior to delivery. He told me he had to remove the grill to do the job cleanly, but said it wasn't a problem.
I pulled mine off by accident when the car was only a couple of hours old. :oops:

But you don't need the remove the grill. Just put your fingers through the grill and "unhook" the top. and pull til the glue gives.

When I say "unhook" it is because there is a little tap which holds the top in place.

BlueGT89
New
Drives: Vw Polo Blue GT 2015

Post by BlueGT89 »

Car looks fantastic, I'm getting my BlueGT on Friday. Can't wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

BlueGT89 wrote:Car looks fantastic, I'm getting my BlueGT on Friday. Can't wait!!!
Thanks! I'm sure you'll love it. I have owned over 30 cars and the BGT is definitely up there in the top 3. I would rate it higher than the Mk6 Golf GTI I had a few years ago, and which was a massive disappointment.
jobbercete
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 6R 1.2 TSI 90cv Sport

Post by jobbercete »

Hey TheFrog!

Finally I got my hands on the cupholder phone holder! It's fantastic value for money! Only 9€!! :D . Just one question, looking at your photo, is that an iPhone 4?... I only have one issue with this phone holder, and is that for my phone (Nexus 4) is a bit tight and I can only insert the phone like...2cms or so, I may need to customize a little :roll:

Anyway, thanks again for sharing the ref number! :D
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

jobbercete wrote:Hey TheFrog!

Finally I got my hands on the cupholder phone holder! It's fantastic value for money! Only 9€!! :D . Just one question, looking at your photo, is that an iPhone 4?... I only have one issue with this phone holder, and is that for my phone (Nexus 4) is a bit tight and I can only insert the phone like...2cms or so, I may need to customize a little :roll:

Anyway, thanks again for sharing the ref number! :D
No problem. My phone is an iPhone 5S. It fits the holder perfectly, but does tend to flop forwards under acceleration. I put 15mm of foam rubber in the bottom to make the phone stick out a bit more, because as it was, the phone was swallowed almost whole and I could hardly see any of the screen.
CiblueGT
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Post by CiblueGT »

Hi Frog, I was just looking at your post and noticed that you have fitted wheel spacers, do they make much of a difference? I agree the wheels look pushed in at present, did you fit them on all four wheels or just the rear?
Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Post by Mayhem »

Iv got 15mm spacers on the rear of mine. Apart from looks cant say iv noticed any other difference in the car. I dont see any need for them on the front wheels myself as they seem to sit alright imo
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

Thanks Mayhem, Are they easy to fit? and where do you buy them from?
Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Post by Mayhem »

Easiest thing you will ever fit tbh. Got them off demon tweets through eBay. About £50 for spacers and new bolts
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

Mine are 10mm each side, as I wanted to redress VW's design oversight on the rear axle without making it look as if I'd put 'stupid spacers' on. As Mayhem says, they are very simple to fit, but get a good brand (Eibach or H&R) and apply some copper grease to both sides before fitting, otherwise they can be very difficult to remove a few months down the road.

Mine are H&R and I got them off German eBay (search H&R spurverbreiterungen polo 6c). IMHO front ones are not necessary.
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

Thanks mate.
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

CiblueGT wrote:Thanks mate.
No problem. This photo shows how 10mm rear spacers line the wheels up perfectly with the front ones, without making the car 'look wrong'.

Just wrong:

TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

Haven't posted here for a while. Nothing wrong, it's just that I've been busy enjoying the Blue GT, now officially THE best car I've ever owned. I can't see why I would ever want anything else, to be honest; it's quick, comfortable, cheap to run, easy to park, discreet, good looking... Anyway, here's a gratuitous photo taken in the garden after I cleaned it this week and applied my company's logo. I love the summertime 8)

Last edited by TheFrog on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:16 am, edited 3 times in total.