New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Nobziller
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: New GTI

Post by Nobziller »

Well the arm rest cause I thought it was standard. But mainly the Parking pack with the cruise control and the parking sensors and rear view camera, yet I couldn't order that, and it involves the rear view camera for £25 when its a £250 option normally
Sport172
New

Post by Sport172 »

My car has finally arrived at the dealers and picking up Saturday. Ordered 22nd December. :D
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Post by blackertracker »

Nobziller wrote:Well the arm rest cause I thought it was standard. But mainly the Parking pack with the cruise control and the parking sensors and rear view camera, yet I couldn't order that, and it involves the rear view camera for £25 when its a £250 option normally
Yes I noticed they'd drastically reduced the price of the rear view camera. I think it's pointless on a small car like this but may as well have it for £25 on top of the park & cruise pack.

The most glaring option omission is adaptive cruise control, VW do make strange decisions sometimes. Of course this means the new GTI cannot have emergency city braking, which would probably reduce the insurance group, yet other 6C models get this :roll:
Nobziller
New

Post by Nobziller »

Yer I know, makes no sense
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

ffs vw at it again.

so i've had my pants pulled down again lol
Sport172
New

Post by Sport172 »

Please help. Do you get an IPOD cable with the Polo GTI?. If not I will keep the cable from my Golf GTI. :D
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by jammydodger »

Sport172 wrote:Please help. Do you get an IPOD cable with the Polo GTI?. If not I will keep the cable from my Golf GTI. :D
It doesn't have a MDI port like the 6R and Golfs - just a USB port, so you can use your standard cable :)
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJf74yBhyQ

This video now has an english narrative , some may have seen it some not.
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

afk wrote:Thanks all! Here's some outdoor pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow! These photos look great!
I currently drive a 1.2 TSI Polo SE and I am considering buying a GTI for myself.
I just wondered what your first impressions of it were? I.E Sound, Performance, MPG.

Tom. :D
afk
New

Post by afk »

Wolfi wrote: Wow! These photos look great!
I currently drive a 1.2 TSI Polo SE and I am considering buying a GTI for myself.
I just wondered what your first impressions of it were? I.E Sound, Performance, MPG.

Tom. :D
Thanks! First impressions are great. Coming from a 1.4 Polo SE, any sort of power upgrade is immediately impressive and same goes with the sound. But now I have driven the car for 700 miles I have a better feel for things.

Performance is good but lacks a bit of low end power. You do need to get it to 3,000-4,000rpm to really feel the engine but it is very very quick. I haven't given the car full throttle yet though so I'll how that feels in couple hundred miles.

The sound is nice and is deep and bassy (if that's even a word lol). If i'm not mistaken, there is a soundaktuator which you can notice at times and can be a bit "too bassy" sometimes even at low revs

Consumption wise, my 14 mile commute to work involving dual carriageways and residential areas with traffic gives me about 32-35mpg. I did manage 42mpg on a run between motorway and dual carriageway with avg speed of 41mph so i'm fairly impressed with the consumption.
servicepoint
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by servicepoint »

Hi all,
new to the forum but have been following this thread with interest as I've ordered a GTI as a replacement for my wifes Golf tdi. I ordered early March, with the status just changing to a confirmed build week although I'm not sure the exact week as yet as the vw site refers my to the dealer for this information, I'll find out tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm up to what point can the order be changed/added to as I have ordered the Cruise and Park pack at £400 but would like to change to the Parking Pack at £425, £25 for the rear view camera seems a good deal.

I've ordered red but the black looks fantastic in the pictures on here.
servicepoint
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by servicepoint »

Dealer called this morning the car is now status 20, build week 19, advised that the order cannot be changed/added to at this stage. :(
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

What i'd like to know is can I get my 200 quid back I paid for the camera.
afk
New

New GTI

Post by afk »

All nice and shiny :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by afk on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afk
New

Post by afk »

Does the pic look cropped to anyone else?? Can't seem to fit the whole image on the forum..anyone know why?