Finance and warrenties

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
gavin2k13
New
Drives: vw polo 6c

Finance and warrenties

Post by gavin2k13 »

What's the rules on modifying a financed car. On vw finance. I wanna put some coilovers and exhaust system on my polo but I wanna get some opinions on what could happen ect. It's just had its 10k service with vw and nothing was said about hids and other bulbs I've changed and stickers ect

Some advice please
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Finance and warrenties

Post by alexperkins »

Changing the suspension and exhaust will invalidate the component warranty on those parts

You will probably also find that VW finance do not allow modifications to take place - after all, its not your car till its paid off.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

I've got mine on finance and can confirm this - it'll invalidate your warranty with some parts and they don't like you fiddling with it whilst it isn't paid off. Certain things like exhaust tips are ok, but changing the suspension and exhaust system wouldn't be allowed. I know because I asked my VW stealership!
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Post by rsmagee »

Just a point, it is your car, you are being lent the money. They may still forbid modifications as part of the deal. I have gone with the mantra of nothing that permanently changes the car
gavin2k13
New

Post by gavin2k13 »

So many different opinions I've heard from different sites ect there's nothing in the contract that says about modifying it only that it can't be used for business and rallies ect
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

rsmagee wrote:Just a point, it is your car, you are being lent the money. They may still forbid modifications as part of the deal. I have gone with the mantra of nothing that permanently changes the car
Depends on which finance option you have chosen. Some of they you don't own the car.
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

alexperkins wrote:
rsmagee wrote:Just a point, it is your car, you are being lent the money. They may still forbid modifications as part of the deal. I have gone with the mantra of nothing that permanently changes the car
Depends on which finance option you have chosen. Some of they you don't own the car.
Indeed. With both VW Solutions (PCP) and Hire Purchase you're not the legal owner until you make the final payment. Up until that point you're just leasing/hiring the car from VW Finance company.
gavin2k13
New

Post by gavin2k13 »

Sadly I'm hire purchase