Issues with my 6r

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
LeeT96
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R R-Line 1.2 TSI 105

Issues with my 6r

Post by LeeT96 »

I was wondering if anyone could help?

When I have my wipers on, there is a click coming from the wiper stalk every time it comes up then back down, it may be electrical but I don't know.

Also, there is an issue with my steering wheel (airbag) because when I leave my car stood for a while and get in it, everytime I move the wheel it clicks a lot no matter which direction - I have had the clockspring replaced and apparently something in the airbag was loose and was "fixed" by VW but the issue is back. I can replicate the sound by pressing down on the top of the airbag cover (not pressing horn) so something may be loose? Is there anything I can check?

Finally! There is a tapping/clicking sound coming from my headlining when I am driving on an uneven road. When I press up on the headlining it goes away but is there anything I need to do to maybe secure it more?

Thanks Guys/Gals!
LeeT96
Bronze Member

Re: Issues with my 6r

Post by LeeT96 »

Can anyone help :-( ?
LeeT96
Bronze Member

Post by LeeT96 »

http://youtu.be/1LGLW_QEeOk a video of the issue. It's quite clear but you may need to listen closely/increase quality/turn vol. Up
saty
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6tdi

Post by saty »

cant help you with the second and third issues, but mine makes the clicking noise when wipers are on, i assumed it was a switch
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Mine makes the 'click' noise when the wipers move too.

Pretty sure it's just the sound from the relay making them operate.