Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

blackertracker wrote:
blackertracker wrote:Newbie here!

Just ordered a new Polo GTI to take advantage of the £1000 VW PCP deposit contribution offer that expires today. Planning on paying it off straight away though.

Flash Red, 5 door, Manual.
Sport Kit, Parking Pack (cruise & camera), Sunroof, Winter Pack, Climate, Sat Nav, Voice Activation, Folding Mirrors, Armrest, Airbag Deactivation, Service Plan.
Edit: also added Light & Sight pack as dealer said you have to have it if specifying Climate :roll:
So I've now got a confirmed build date of May 4 (build week 19). Order is progressing much faster than I thought it would.
When u order m8, I've still heard nothing on my Feb 13th order
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Post by blackertracker »

Andy4791 wrote:
blackertracker wrote: When u order m8, I've still heard nothing on my Feb 13th order
March 31st.
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Had confirmation from dealer (and online tracker) that mine left the factory late last week.

So another four weeks and, hopefully, it'll be here in the UK.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

ffs mine is still on build week confirmed and i ordered on the 28th jan

although i haven't checked with the dealer but i had a build week of 17 which is this week

i still haven't sold my old gti yet so don't need another car outside the house lol
Greeny
New
Drives: Currently 2012 BMW 118! Sport

Post by Greeny »

Hi all,

New to the site and will hopefully be ordering the new GTi soon!

Quick question, the extended 4yr warranty option for £205, I assume that means an extension to the current 3yrs manufacturers one?

Also we go away a lot (4 of us) and boot is a lot smaller than my current car, is there a way to get a roof box or something so can use it in hols but then take off leaving no evidence of it ever being there as they're quiet HIDEOUS! :D... The bars one on the options list says fully fitted as if they don't come off again!
Tooks
Bronze Member
Drives: 2011 Polo GTI

Post by Tooks »

Greeny wrote:Hi all,

Quick question, the extended 4yr warranty option for £205, I assume that means an extension to the current 3yrs manufacturers one?

Also we go away a lot (4 of us) and boot is a lot smaller than my current car, is there a way to get a roof box or something so can use it in hols but then take off leaving no evidence of it ever being there as they're quiet HIDEOUS! :D... The bars one on the options list says fully fitted as if they don't come off again!
Yes, the 4 year warranty option is a further year on top of the standard 3 year warranty. (2 years unlimited mileage manufacturer warranty, 1 year dealer warranty up to max 60,000 miles whichever is soonest). Extending it for a year gives 4 years or 75,000 mile warranty, whichever is soonest. 5 year is 5 years or 90,000 miles, whichever first. A bit mean the VW warranties!

The roof bars are of course removable, they're shown as fully fitted as they are supplied by the dealer and fitted if required before delivery. Do yourself a favour though and source your own from http://www.roofbox.co.uk or somewhere, I've got the Altera ones for mine, quality bit of kit.
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

Eheh, we get 5 year unlimited miles warranty in Portugal for the Polo :mrgreen:
They absolutely had to, KIA was getting very good sales in the lower segments thanks to their 7 year standart warranty package
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

This isn't rip off Britain for nothing, we've worked hard to get that accolade! :wink:
Greeny
New

Post by Greeny »

Tooks wrote:
Greeny wrote:Hi all,

Yes, the 4 year warranty option is a further year on top of the standard 3 year warranty. (2 years unlimited mileage manufacturer warranty, 1 year dealer warranty up to max 60,000 miles whichever is soonest). Extending it for a year gives 4 years or 75,000 mile warranty, whichever is soonest. 5 year is 5 years or 90,000 miles, whichever first. A bit mean the VW warranties!

The roof bars are of course removable, they're shown as fully fitted as they are supplied by the dealer and fitted if required before delivery. Do yourself a favour though and source your own from http://www.roofbox.co.uk or somewhere, I've got the Altera ones for mine, quality bit of kit.
You star, thanks Tooks!
Gaz W
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Gaz W »

My order is confirmed now, going to be waiting a while been given an estimate of build week 26! :(
Greeny
New

Post by Greeny »

Gaz W wrote:My order is confirmed now, going to be waiting a while been given an estimate of build week 26! :(
That's half a year!! It's the only thing putting me off of ordering. Might wait until a few more start hitting the showrooms and compromise on my options wish list!
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Post by blackertracker »

It doesn't mean half a year wait. We're on week 17 now so it'll be built in 9 weeks time.

If all goes to plan mine will have been built within 5 weeks from order, which admittedly seems quick compared to other orders and it has a lot of options too.
Greeny
New

Post by Greeny »

blackertracker wrote:It doesn't mean half a year wait. We're on week 17 now so it'll be built in 9 weeks time.

If all goes to plan mine will have been built within 5 weeks from order, which admittedly seems quick compared to other orders and it has a lot of options too.
You can tell I've never ordered a new car before ... My bad (embarrassed)!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

I contacted dealer this morning, my Feb 13th order still on unconfirmed build week of 24/25. Hope it moves forward a bit when its confirmed
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Has anyone had one delivered yet? Currently have a 3 month old Blue GT which I love, but in about 15 months time (high mileage and finance = regular change!) looking at either back to the sensible golf (for family reasons) or just being daft and getting the GTI which I've always wanted and loved the test drive a few weeks back whilst waiting for my GT. Would love to read some owner reviews instead of biased car mag reviews who all love the Fiesta ST. Having driven that I hated it!