New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
afk
New
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by afk »

Does anyone know if the DSG paddle shifters on the 6C GTI are the same size/shape as the MK6 Golf?

Thanks in advance!
JohnPolo
Silver Member

Post by JohnPolo »

Out of curiosity I just called VW customer services to get a confirmation of the Emden Port problems.
They confirmed that there had been problems and some ships were damaged in bad weather reducing capacity.
Customer services seem to be able to give greater accuracy than the retailers to where cars are and I was told that mine is currently on a ship heading for Emden.
Why don't they just send them here, seems a bit long winded to me. :roll:
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Post by blackertracker »

There's been a price rise today. 5 door Polo GTI has gone up by £50. Some options are slightly dearer too e.g. sunroof has increased by £5.
blackertracker
Bronze Member

Post by blackertracker »

JohnPolo wrote:Out of curiosity I just called VW customer services to get a confirmation of the Emden Port problems.
They confirmed that there had been problems and some ships were damaged in bad weather reducing capacity.
Customer services seem to be able to give greater accuracy than the retailers to where cars are and I was told that mine is currently on a ship heading for Emden.
Why don't they just send them here, seems a bit long winded to me. :roll:
My dealer has told me today that VW Customer Care are giving £250 compensation for Polos that have been delayed at Emden...
Steigerz
New
Drives: Polo GTi

Post by Steigerz »

My build week is 19
Last edited by Steigerz on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steigerz
New

Post by Steigerz »

Hi Guys i'm new here.

Just wanted to give you guys some feedback regarding the new Polo GTi and the testing i did. I was invited to an VW event where i got to test both the Manual and DSG versions. From my initial tests i just want to say the car is fantastic. The ride is a lot firmer and smoother than the older model. The engine feels solid and punchy as are the classic exhaust pops we've come to love. Personally i would advise guys to stick with the Alcantara trim. Already after considerable use in the vehicles i tested there was ware on the tartan seats.

The point of this post was to discuss the Sports button.

The Good
After my testing on the track i have to say this piece of kit is well worth the money. You can immediately feel the car tighten up when entering a corner at highspeed, thanks to the dampers the suspension slides you around the corner with minimal body roll. That was the positive. The Throttle response is better on the Manual only.

The Bad
The bad is that outside on the road the "Sport performance Pack" is the biggest waste of money. I cant explain it but the car felt so artificial. The car was extremely bouncy like the suspension was working a bit to hard. Even the steering wheel felt a bit to hard for my liking. Throttle response on the DSG was not like the manual, I have nothing to say about the Sound actuator - its just a fake sound in the cabin.

I honestly thought i was losing my mind, because everyone was loving this system. So i decided to give it another chance this time in the manual. It felt the same. Ride was bouncy, the steering felt forced :(

So that's my input. Personally i will be getting the new Polo GTi without the Sport performance back but this is just my opinion. If you like the feature then get it and tell us how it works for you :)

This guy somes up what i said quite well. thought i would be the only one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJWUhpDooh0

Sorry for my spelling and grammer this is not my main language.
tihand
New
Drives: polo 1.2 tsi

Post by tihand »

Hi, I am from Croatia and my English is pretty bad. I'm thinking about buying Polo GTi. I do not have the possibility of a test drive. I'm happy I came across this forum so that I can read opinions of owners and future owners.
Steigerz, I want to thank you very much on your opinion about Polo GTi, particularly with regard to Sports button.
Steigerz
New

Post by Steigerz »

tihand wrote:Hi, I am from Croatia and my English is pretty bad. I'm thinking about buying Polo GTi. I do not have the possibility of a test drive. I'm happy I came across this forum so that I can read opinions of owners and future owners.
Steigerz, I want to thank you very much on your opinion about Polo GTi, particularly with regard to Sports button.
Do more research. It is my pleasure brother
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

but i'd rather have the option like many others.

my last two cars have been on coilovers so i'm not that worried about the firmness lol
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

Dink wrote:but i'd rather have the option like many others.

my last two cars have been on coilovers so i'm not that worried about the firmness lol
Yeah, but the point is that the car isnt as good in any of the modes. Normal is too understeery because the XDS and suspension are tuned for comfort and rolls a bit, Sport is too bouncy and can't get the power down on the road.
Of course this changes and the sport button should be awesome either for trackdays or good stretches of tarmac.

I only tried one without the Sport button and I loved it. I think the suspension was brilliant with minimal role but still comfortable enough to use everyday.
Mine was ordered without it. Figured I would steer the extra money into the LED headlights.
Last edited by Shark00n on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackertracker
Bronze Member

Post by blackertracker »

I thought with the Sport pack you can customise the settings too?
So for example you can have firm steering, sharp throttle, but comfort suspension if you want?
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

blackertracker wrote:I thought with the Sport pack you can customise the settings too?
So for example you can have firm steering, sharp throttle, but comfort suspension if you want?
Maybe through VAG-COM but definitely not through regular menus in the car.
JohnPolo
Silver Member

Post by JohnPolo »

At last, just been told that my car has arrived in the UK!! :D
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

JohnPolo wrote:At last, just been told that my car has arrived in the UK!! :D
Hurrah! That's excellent news!

Your car was a week 16 build wasn't it? I'll have to see if my dealer has any updates on mine.
JohnPolo
Silver Member

Post by JohnPolo »

Redline wrote:
JohnPolo wrote:At last, just been told that my car has arrived in the UK!! :D
Hurrah! That's excellent news!

Your car was a week 16 build wasn't it? I'll have to see if my dealer has any updates on mine.

Yes it was. Apparently it's currently sat at Grimsby.