Polo R-line 105ps reading 130ps

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
sykotikman
New
Drives: R line

Polo R-line 105ps reading 130ps

Post by sykotikman »

hi all , first time here and looking for an answer ,
i bought a 2013 r-line a few weeks back , and decided to get it remapped straight away ( coming from a audi 140ps)
so took it to a garage that does the revo software , before putting the revo on the lad in the garage put the car on the dyno , and after the test it was reading 130ps
so the guy was thinking that the car most of all ready been remapped ,
as far as im aware the has never been touched ,
so i drove away a happy man :mrgreen:

iv been back onto the garage , as im wanting some springs fitted , and the guy remembered who i was , and mentioned that he has had a few VW come though with a good few of them showing reading that have over stock advertised , so he was saying that i could probably get the software installed and may have "upto" 140/150 bhp

has anyone seen or heard about cars coming from the factory with a higher bhp than there should have ,
is it possible to get , 140/150ps out of a 1.2tsi engine ?
Tooks
Bronze Member
Drives: 2011 Polo GTI

Re: Polo R-line 105ps reading 130ps

Post by Tooks »

German law around cars adhering to their advertised output is quite strict, so I have heard for years that VAG cars come out of the factory with more than the advertised BHP to ensure they don't fall foul of it and also that they'll be putting out the advertised power for years to come.

Having said that, I've never heard of anything being 25bhp over advertised, not at a base level of 105bhp anyway.

It's more likely it has been remapped already?

Most remap companies can tell if anybody has uploaded a new map, could he not shed any light?

It's possible that a newer/better map could improve on what you have already, but it would seem a fair outlay for not much more guaranteed power?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

maybe the previous owned had some tuning done but didn't tell you?
sykotikman
New

Post by sykotikman »

Tooks wrote:German law around cars adhering to their advertised output is quite strict, so I have heard for years that VAG cars come out of the factory with more than the advertised BHP to ensure they don't fall foul of it and also that they'll be putting out the advertised power for years to come.

Having said that, I've never heard of anything being 25bhp over advertised, not at a base level of 105bhp anyway.

It's more likely it has been remapped already?

Most remap companies can tell if anybody has uploaded a new map, could he not shed any light?

It's possible that a newer/better map could improve on what you have already, but it would seem a fair outlay for not much more guaranteed power?
yea, iv never heard any car been over stock by a good 20/25 , which makes me think that it may have all ready been done
im off to pick the car up in a bit , and will ask him if there's any way that he can tell if it's been done before.

he did give a copy of the power graph , which showed the curve , and even he said that the curve was spot on , " to clean of a line " to be out of the factory
sykotikman
New

Post by sykotikman »

iichel wrote:maybe the previous owned had some tuning done but didn't tell you?
i bought the car from VW garage , , so not sure who has had it before me , just waiting to get the log book back , to find out the name of the person ,
then try and look them up , facebook or other means
if it was some young lad then that would suggest that it may have been remapped already ..
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Owners of other cars with the 1.2 TSI engine have reported getting 115-120bhp when the car has been rolling-roaded in factory trim.

However, 130bhp, is more surprising - could well be rolling road being a bit more optimistic in that instance.

Having owned an R-Line for 2.5 years, I've always been conscious of the fact it felt much quicker than just 105PS.
sykotikman
New

Post by sykotikman »

Last edited by sykotikman on Tue May 12, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sykotikman
New

Post by sykotikman »

Redline wrote:Owners of other cars with the 1.2 TSI engine have reported getting 115-120bhp when the car has been rolling-roaded in factory trim.

However, 130bhp, is more surprising - could well be rolling road being a bit more optimistic in that instance.

Having owned an R-Line for 2.5 years, I've always been conscious of the fact it felt much quicker than just 105PS.
I think your right , 130 is been a bit optimistic for a factory car ,
i do remember the lad chewing on for a bit trying to get the dyno to work , so it could be giving a wrong reading

i might take it to an other garage for a second opinion when i get some more cash,

as for the speed , (coming from an 2004 audi tdi 2.0 s-line 140 ) there really isn't much difference between them .