New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

Redline wrote:Just picked mine up tonight. Couple of quick photos:

It's felt like a really long time between ordering and it arriving, but it's certainly been worth the wait!

It's properly quick, and with a huge hit of power even high up the rev range. Brakes are razor sharp, and steering is nice and accurate. Sport mode certainly makes a difference, weighting up the steering well. Is the ride too harsh in Sport? No, end of. Manual 'box is nice and precise, and all the controls just seem even more improved from the 6R.

Also ended up with a cracking deal in the end, which gives me even more money to spend on fuel... :mrgreen:
Looks gr8 m8. And my wait goes on lol
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Thanks guys.

It's worth the wait, trust me!
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

Shark00n wrote:I beat myself up for not choosing silver and going for black. But as soon as I saw one in black it was all good :mrgreen:

If the silver was a little bit darker I would be all over that, 'cause this looks awesome!

But in the sun it's a bit too light for my taste.
It's a shame the Polo doesn't get the slightly darker Tungsten Silver that's on the Up and the Golf.

grth_bbtt
New
Drives: Soon to be GTI

Post by grth_bbtt »

The Silk Blue is a great colour, looks great in the flesh, especially on the GT, not too sure about it on the GTI mind.

After seeing a few more pictures of it in Pearl Black I've certainly fallen for it more, gives it a much more aggressive look I think :P

That looks awesome Redline! What spec did you go for in the end?

Gareth
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

That grey is awesome vc-10. I could have totally gone for that :)

The blue is also quite pleasing, would love to see one here in blue
GTILew
New
Drives: GTI (6C)

Post by GTILew »

So many Red GTIs loving them! Had quite a few people taking a double glance as i've drove past, either its the bright red paint or they think its a golf and then realise it isn't. Never had that in the 6r GTI.

Really impressed on the fuel consumption with this engine too, seeing 36mpg+ on the commute each day (About 10 minutes on a Duel Carriageway) and even when out driving it with a bit of aggression it was still hovering around the 30mpg mark.

Didn't notice at first but the cabin noise is massively reduced also. I drive across a horrible bit of concrete duel carriageway everyday and its barely audible now compared to the 6r.
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Loving the pics all. Question, did u let dealer prepare car, eg wash and valet it. If so what condition is paint in as heard few horror stories
Shark00n
Bronze Member

Post by Shark00n »

Andy4791 wrote:Loving the pics all. Question, did u let dealer prepare car, eg wash and valet it. If so what condition is paint in as heard few horror stories
For every horror story I bet there's 1000 deliveries without an issue.

I of course let the dealer prepare my car, if something's wrong they'll be held accountable.

But I did specificaly ask for my car not to be displayed in the showroom. It's gonna be garaged and covered as soon as it arrives and while it waits for the license plates.
I don't want anyone messing around in my car other than me :D
My dealer told me that's not VW policy, but many brands do that. I went to a Peugeot dealership and almost all cars had a "SOLD" sign, they were still unlocked and people could get in and mess about with the interior.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

Andy4791 wrote:Loving the pics all. Question, did u let dealer prepare car, eg wash and valet it. If so what condition is paint in as heard few horror stories
i've thought about this quite a bit with my cheap paint lol

and tbh i'm just going to let them and also learn how to wash my car without damaging the paint
Shark00n
Bronze Member

Post by Shark00n »

Dink wrote:tbh i'm just going to let them and also learn how to wash my car without damaging the paint
Just read up online, from different sources, check some detailing forums to get the right things for your budget.

The best way to get familiar with a new car is by washing it. You'll notice every little line, corner and detail. Makes you appreciate it even more :)

By the way, everyone's been talking about the power, the looks, sport buttons and gearboxes, what about the brakes!?
In my test-drive they felt good, even under hard braking in cobblestones the car felt secure and controlled.
What I didn't like was how mushy they were, but I wish I had more time on them, unfortunately my right foot was more in love with the right pedal :mrgreen:
martinp
New
Drives: GTI

Post by martinp »

I've ordered a DSG, and opted not to get the 'sport button'.

But having read the description of the sport button in relation to the DSG it's got me confused, and thinking again.

From the VW web site: For DSG derivatives, the 'Sport' setting allows the car to reach maximum torque levels for a sportier drive

So are they saying a standard DSG GTI without the sport button won't use the full potential of the engine? I am ware the DSG is down on torque compared to the manual, but it sounds like you could be at further disadvantage without the sport button?

Could anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers.
Shark00n
Bronze Member

Post by Shark00n »

I think that's just technical mambo-jambo as peak torque and horsepower figures aren't reached on the redline but instead somewhere along the middle of the rev range.

I test drove an automatic without sport button and, if I remember correctly the gearbox has a Sport setting (can't remember if it was activated by some menu on the touch screen or by turning the ESC into Sport).

But the sport pack adds new gearbox management software and makes it slightly faster and rev a little more for a little longer. It seems like a nice marriage with DSG equiped cars. Nice, soft and smooth in normal mode and high reving planted driving in sport.
grth_bbtt
New
Drives: Soon to be GTI

Post by grth_bbtt »

Put my order down in the end!

Dealership looking at a 4-5 month wait, which in ways is good as allows me to save for finance and pay off and get rid of the UP!

My final spec was;

Manual 3 DR
Solid White
Sat Nav
Convenience pack
Climate Control
Sport Pack
Winter Pack
Parking Pack
Armrest

It looks and alot, but got an amazing deal from the dealer, so did get a bit tick happy on the options list.
Cant wait for it too arrive now :D
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

My impression of the dsg torque

Dsg no sport button =184ft/lbs

Dsg sport button= 184ft/lbs (sport off) & 236ft/lbs (sport on)

Just see it as the box isn't really designed for the engine.
Franklinavfc888
New
Drives: Skoda citigo sport

Post by Franklinavfc888 »

grth_bbtt wrote:Put my order down in the end!

Dealership looking at a 4-5 month wait, which in ways is good as allows me to save for finance and pay off and get rid of the UP!

My final spec was;

Manual 3 DR
Solid White
Sat Nav
Convenience pack
Climate Control
Sport Pack
Winter Pack
Parking Pack
Armrest

It looks and alot, but got an amazing deal from the dealer, so did get a bit tick happy on the options list.
Cant wait for it too arrive now :D
Very good spec! Exactly the same as mine bar 5 door an the passenger airbag deactivation option!