New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
skipster
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by skipster »

JohnPolo wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:Lol Village Vicar like it. Question for everyone. As my GTI is preliminary gonna b built week 29, plus the 3 weeks to get to dealer this will make it in my rough maths that I'll b collecting it around first/second week in august. This is only about 3 weeks away from the reg letter change. I'll b tempted to tell dealer to keep it and register it September 1st and on the new letter. What's peoples thought thanks.
Get the new reg Andy. You've been let down in my opinion, at least have the new number change!
Most definitely, may as well get the 65 reg if only a few weeks to wait! I am sure with the length of time you have waited, you must be thinking, what's a few more weeks!
martinp
New
Drives: GTI

Post by martinp »

skipster wrote:
JohnPolo wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:Lol Village Vicar like it. Question for everyone. As my GTI is preliminary gonna b built week 29, plus the 3 weeks to get to dealer this will make it in my rough maths that I'll b collecting it around first/second week in august. This is only about 3 weeks away from the reg letter change. I'll b tempted to tell dealer to keep it and register it September 1st and on the new letter. What's peoples thought thanks.
Get the new reg Andy. You've been let down in my opinion, at least have the new number change!
Most definitely, may as well get the 65 reg if only a few weeks to wait! I am sure with the length of time you have waited, you must be thinking, what's a few more weeks!

I was original told last week in Aug for delivery of my car, so was going to wait till sep for the new reg.

But recently been told I'll be getting it end of July, if thats the case i'll collect the car, if it gets push back into Aug i'll wait.
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

DMacc4 wrote:
Steigerz wrote: Just a question did anyone get the VW App connect package with there car?
I did yes, although I'm not sure it's going to work with my iPhone.
New to this forum, but thought I'd register to add my voice to this question as well.

I've just taken delivery of a nice matt black 5 door version of the GTI with the light and sight pack, cruise and park pack, folding wing mirrors and the Sport pack option. So far (about 75 miles in) the car is a dream and is seeming like a bargain despite the price (though I did buy mine through CarWow at a reasonable discount). For a late mild midlife crisis car it is all I will ever need for daily use. I had considered a Caterham instead but, having driven both, I think this one is going to be more fun in real life.

On the Media Interface front the unit quickly picks up all the family's iPhones and it is really simple to choose which one to use - all via Bluetooth so far as I've not yet connected anything via USB. I can also play Spotify tracks stored on my phone this way - so I'm quite a happy bunny at present. However, Car Play would be nice to have if it were available but it seems that VW are just crap at knowing what is actually going on. So if anyone does have any insight into a) can you actually buy it yet and b) does it work - I'd be really grateful to hear.

A quick heads up - it does appear from my car that Mirrorlink, and therefore presumably Car Play, are just a simple dealer code software update. So if you're not sure about whether you want it yet then it seems you'll be able to add it later.
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

I love the exhaust note this GTI has over the previous one. I have the windows down on occasions just to hear it.
deanjohnl
New
Drives: Mk4 Golf GTI

Post by deanjohnl »

Can't wait to get mine! Ordered on 29th April, with build week commencing 1st June. Hopefully get it early July.
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

JohnPolo wrote:I love the exhaust note this GTI has over the previous one. I have the windows down on occasions just to hear it.
I've been impressed with how good it sounds. Most turbocharged four-cylinder stuff often struggles to have any real 'sound' as standard, so I was pleasantly surprised by the GTI. Not too intrusive either when you just want to cruise.

Drove a Renaultsport Megane Trophy at Millbrook the other week; titanium exhaust system sounded great, but would have been a real pain driving home with it!
Steigerz
New
Drives: Polo GTi

Post by Steigerz »

Penarth Blues wrote:
DMacc4 wrote:
Steigerz wrote: Just a question did anyone get the VW App connect package with there car?
I did yes, although I'm not sure it's going to work with my iPhone.
New to this forum, but thought I'd register to add my voice to this question as well.

I've just taken delivery of a nice matt black 5 door version of the GTI with the light and sight pack, cruise and park pack, folding wing mirrors and the Sport pack option. So far (about 75 miles in) the car is a dream and is seeming like a bargain despite the price (though I did buy mine through CarWow at a reasonable discount). For a late mild midlife crisis car it is all I will ever need for daily use. I had considered a Caterham instead but, having driven both, I think this one is going to be more fun in real life.

On the Media Interface front the unit quickly picks up all the family's iPhones and it is really simple to choose which one to use - all via Bluetooth so far as I've not yet connected anything via USB. I can also play Spotify tracks stored on my phone this way - so I'm quite a happy bunny at present. However, Car Play would be nice to have if it were available but it seems that VW are just crap at knowing what is actually going on. So if anyone does have any insight into a) can you actually buy it yet and b) does it work - I'd be really grateful to hear.

A quick heads up - it does appear from my car that Mirrorlink, and therefore presumably Car Play, are just a simple dealer code software update. So if you're not sure about whether you want it yet then it seems you'll be able to add it later.
Awesome and welcome :)

I really hope we can get some feedback on this. As you said VW are useless in the tech department no matter where you from. Had the Dealer tell me i can connect my iPhone to mirrorlink. I chuckled and said naaa mate you smoking something foreign.

What i do know is that app-connect is a firmware upgrade for the unit itself. The new Passat has the option to add a code for carplay. Looking at the unit in the new Polo GTi we could have the same option sometime soon.
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

Finally picking mine up today!!
Steigerz
New
Drives: Polo GTi

Post by Steigerz »

Shark00n wrote:Finally picking mine up today!!
Pics or it didn't happen :D

Excited for you bud :)
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

Steigerz wrote:
Shark00n wrote:Finally picking mine up today!!
Pics or it didn't happen :D

Excited for you bud :)
PickING it up... So Technically it hasn't happened yet. :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Shark00n
Bronze Member

Post by Shark00n »

What a machiiiine! :mrgreen:

I'll post some better pics later. I took the day off so gotta go climb some hills now :D

Deep Black Pearl looks amazing in the sun!

There's so much stuff going on inside with Cruise-Control, the radio and it's huge list of settings, but no manual needed to enjoy those 192 horsies :D

*EDIT:
One little question, isn't the 6C GTI supposed to come with a shark style antenna?
zim
New
Drives: Polo 6C, 1.2 TSI 90

Post by zim »

Looking good :D Now let all those horsies run free :mrgreen:
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

I want one :D
servicepoint
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by servicepoint »

Wife picked the GTi up yesterday,...
It's going back tomorrow, car has now covered 60 miles and there is a very load squeak from the front driver side wheel. I've gave the car a visual check over and can't see anything obvious so think perhaps the wheel bearing. It's annoying that they never picked this up during PDI as my wife heard it a few times on journey home.

After stacks of VWs over the years I can see this being the last, they're just not what they used to be. :cry: :cry:
Shark00n
Bronze Member

Post by Shark00n »

Here we go