Ticket holder

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bigtam
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2016

Ticket holder

Post by Bigtam »

Has anyone fitted this to there polo? http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octav ... cket-31901 had one on the fabia Vrs thought it was a great idea :D
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Re: Ticket holder

Post by Penarth Blues »

Bigtam wrote:Has anyone fitted this to there polo? http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octav ... cket-31901 had one on the fabia Vrs thought it was a great idea :D
Will it fit? They're a great idea - I had one in my old Volvo S60 and it was incredibly useful
perarduapropatria
Getting There!
Drives: 2011 (61) Polo 1.6 TDI SEL

Post by perarduapropatria »

Bigtam wrote:Has anyone fitted this to there polo? http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octav ... cket-31901 had one on the fabia Vrs thought it was a great idea :D
Do you get a lot of parking tickets then? :wink:

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Thats a great idea. Id be curious to see if it would fit the tiguan
Bigtam
Bronze Member

Post by Bigtam »

perarduapropatria wrote:
Do you get a lot of parking tickets then? :wink:

No its more for holding the pay & park tickets :D Parking tickets get stuck outside normally under wiper :wink:
perarduapropatria
Getting There!

Bigtam wrote: No its more for holding the pay & park tickets :D Parking tickets get stuck outside normally under wiper :wink:
Looks like another solution to a non-existent problem. We have this thing called a "dashboard" - it came free with the car!
Bigtam
Bronze Member

Post by Bigtam »

perarduapropatria wrote:
Bigtam wrote: No its more for holding the pay & park tickets :D Parking tickets get stuck outside normally under wiper :wink:
Looks like another solution to a non-existent problem. We have this thing called a "dashboard" - it came free with the car!
Have had to use that at the moment not the best on a windy day, tickets lying around on dash tend to get blown off small holder would be best to stop this unless you carry a clear paperweight around :D
perarduapropatria
Getting There!

Bigtam wrote:
perarduapropatria wrote:
Have had to use that at the moment not the best on a windy day, tickets lying around on dash tend to get blown off small holder would be best to stop this unless you carry a clear paperweight around :D
A chap I know kept getting tickets even though he paid for a ticket.

The automatic fan kept coming on when the car got hot, and blowing tickets off the dashboard.

I can see these, but it's nothing a bit of blutak wouldn't solve.
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

The Blutak appears to be more expensive than the holder - and far less elegant :D
perarduapropatria
Getting There!

Penarth Blues wrote:The Blutak appears to be more expensive than the holder - and far less elegant :D
But can be used for other things too.

Or just spit on it and stick it to the windscreen.
Bigtam
Bronze Member

Post by Bigtam »

Yeah great stuff (BLUTACK) but would rather have something that looks the part.Anyway for the guys interested I have ordered will let you know how I get on fitting it.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Go onto Amazon or pop into Maplin and buy a sticky dash pad. Costs around 60 pence and will restrain your tickets, phone, keys, condoms etc. Virtually unnoticeable in use and lasts for years.
Bigtam
Bronze Member

Post by Bigtam »

Ricmondo wrote:Go onto Amazon or pop into Maplin and buy a sticky dash pad. Costs around 60 pence and will restrain your tickets, phone, keys, condoms etc. Virtually unnoticeable in use and lasts for years.
Interested to know how many condoms in can hold? :D
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I must admit that I've had this part number for maybe 15 years, originally to fit to my B5 Passat, but never really got round to ordering one in. I also find that company car parking tags do tend to go AWOL in windy weather, and up North there does tend to be lots of wind. In the Polo and Ibiza this parking tag starts the day in the drinks holder, on the S4 there is a convenient recess where the display panel is, after placing it on the top of the dashboard and shutting the door it tends to, on the small cars, end up somewhere else, so that annoys security!
Sensible car park operators use a sticky back to fix the ticket to the inside of the windscreen, backward 3rd country style areas of UK car park operators think that sticky stuff is not needed - muppets, that does not seem to happen up here though.
perarduapropatria
Getting There!

Bigtam wrote:
Ricmondo wrote:Go onto Amazon or pop into Maplin and buy a sticky dash pad. Costs around 60 pence and will restrain your tickets, phone, keys, condoms etc. Virtually unnoticeable in use and lasts for years.
Interested to know how many condoms in can hold? :D
365 rubbers in a Goodyear