Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Re: New GTI

Post by Shark00n »

JohnPolo wrote: Has this turned into a language class now?! :D
Yes, but this is all you need to know:

O Polo GTI é um carrinho dos diabos! (ooh Polo GTI eh oom carrinio doosh di-ah-bohs)

The Polo GTI is one hell of a little car, in portuguese :D

Now I'm fiddling with the radio and SD cards, trying to figure out a way to organise my music inside the SD card in folders, plus album art... Any hints?
PiliPolo
New
Drives: None yet

Post by PiliPolo »

Hi all, I am one more in the list waiting for my new polo.
I ordered in April my new GTI. I have confirmed construction week for last week of June. The salesman ensures me that I will have it ready here in Luxembourg by the second week of July. As soon as I pick it up I will be travelling to Spain, Around 4000 kms in four or five days. Cant wait...
I got mine in grey, 3 drs, pano roof, manual.
Anyone else from Luxembourg in the forum?
I havent seen one yet in real life.
Salut!!!
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

Welcome PiliPolo :)

You're in for a treat!

Btw. Have seen yet another one in Stratford upon Avon, a silk blue metallic, looked nice. These 6c's are fast becoming as common as muck here in Warwickshire, think I'm going to have to dump mine. :)
goosee
New
Drives: 2015 GTi

Squeaking/wailing noise

Post by goosee »

Hi all

Thanks for your feedback earlier in the thread around the finish on my skirting on my new GTi - this seems simply to be the norm.

I wondered if anyone had found a resolution to the squeaking (or rather gentle wailing noise) issue mentioned by a few people. Shortly after I hit the 50 mile mark (it's now on 100 miles), I started getting the same noise. It feels like it's coming from the front right of the engine, just inside the right wheel. It happens only at very low speeds, usually without throttle or brakes applied and doesn't seem to track directy the motion/momentum of the car - more like it's slightly independent of wheels turning etc. For this reason, I wondered if it might be more engine/belt related than brake disc, which would be an obvious cause - but it doesn't seem like that sort of noice.

I'll drop it in soon for VW to look at, but I wondered if anyone who had also experience the issue had had it resolved...?

Cheers
sudsonsundaze
New
Drives: GTI

Post by sudsonsundaze »

Anyone one of you having the squeaking issues, etc thought of feeding it back to VW UK? (as dealers won't) Make them aware of it, perhaps something that needs to be rectified from factory? Yeah the finishing on the side skirts on the GTI. I mean fine, its not a big flaw but considering how well the GT skirts look in comparison ( although different side skirts fitted) is a bit weird they haven't thought to finish it a bit better.

Hope all of you with the new 6c GTI are enjoying them, september for me seems a long way off.
:roll:
GTILew
New
Drives: GTI (6C)

Post by GTILew »

I had the squealing issue with my GTI, its died down a bit now at around ~1500miles, but was a lot more prolific when i first got the car.

It's not causing me too much grief so i'm just living with it/hoping it'll just vanish eventually My local VW dealer isn't exactly great so i don't want more hassle of taking it into them.

Has anyone retro-fitted the carbon look mirror caps to their GTI? I've spotted some on eBay but it says they're for the 6R not sure if they'd fit the 6C. Don't fancy paying the £115 VW want for them either.
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

GTILew wrote:I had the squealing issue with my GTI, its died down a bit now at around ~1500miles, but was a lot more prolific when i first got the car.

It's not causing me too much grief so i'm just living with it/hoping it'll just vanish eventually My local VW dealer isn't exactly great so i don't want more hassle of taking it into them.

Has anyone retro-fitted the carbon look mirror caps to their GTI? I've spotted some on eBay but it says they're for the 6R not sure if they'd fit the 6C. Don't fancy paying the £115 VW want for them either.
Yup! I have :mrgreen: Pics here

They were bought from eBay - Lookers VW dealership, I think - and advertised for 6R. Went on ok, and haven't fallen off!
GTILew
New
Drives: GTI (6C)

Post by GTILew »

Redline wrote: Yup! I have :mrgreen: Pics here
They were bought from eBay - Lookers VW dealership, I think - and advertised for 6R. Went on ok, and haven't fallen off!
Nice! Ordered them this morning, with any luck they'll turn up in time for me to fit them at the weekend
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

sudsonsundaze wrote:Anyone one of you having the squeaking issues, etc thought of feeding it back to VW UK? (as dealers won't) Make them aware of it, perhaps something that needs to be rectified from factory? Yeah the finishing on the side skirts on the GTI. I mean fine, its not a big flaw but considering how well the GT skirts look in comparison ( although different side skirts fitted) is a bit weird they haven't thought to finish it a bit better.

Hope all of you with the new 6c GTI are enjoying them, september for me seems a long way off.
:roll:
Having spoken to my local friendly dealership yesterday, they had a squeaking issue on their polo gti demo car. Turned out it was a warped disc brake and the noise only happened at low speed.. I'd see your dealer if your car is doing that.
BaasBoy
New
Drives: 2015 Polo 6C GTI

Post by BaasBoy »

Managed to fit fog and interior reading bulbs to LED.
Difference between LED (left) and halogen (right)
Interior reading lights
Thanks for looking.
Shark00n
Bronze Member

Post by Shark00n »

Where did you get those?
BaasBoy
New

Post by BaasBoy »

Shark00n wrote:Where did you get those?
I got them at a local shop (XclusivMods) here in South Africa.
Shark00n
Bronze Member

Post by Shark00n »

Hmm... Your car looks pretty zef :mrgreen:
BaasBoy
New

Post by BaasBoy »

Shark00n wrote:Hmm... Your car looks pretty zef :mrgreen:
Thank you, much appreciated.
If only I can get to disconnect the soundaktor/sound actuator to hear more of the exhaust pops than the fake sound, I'd be a happy man. I have searched the net and am not finding any leads yet.
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

The exhaust pops are great. Turn quite a few heads I find.