New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Re: New GTI

Post by Redline »

I've noticed definite differences between using Shell V-Power and other fuels; chiefly in terms of fuel consumption.

With V-Power my GTI tends to average a good 4-5mpg higher on the same road/conditions compared to fuel from elsewhere. Was the same with my old R-Line TSI, too.

Given the difference that makes over the course of a full tank of fuel, and the extra benefits from using a 'premium' fuel rather than supermarket stuff, I think it justifies the price difference.
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Called my dealer today. My unconfirmed build week has slipped again from 29 to 36. I made it perfectly clear to him I found this ridiculous and am in the mind of cancelling if it slips any more. He couldn't give any reasons why. So it will definitely be a 65 reg now I'm sure. Dealer having to MOT my current car as I've told them I'm not paying as should have new car by now. They obviously losing money on what they can get back from selling my car as it gets another 6 months older. Not a happy first experience with VW at all.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

i'll be using v-power in my gti and when i get it mapped i'll get a 98 RON map.

i'm might put a couple more miles on mine and stick it on a rolling road just to see what it is pushing roughly
Gaz W
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Gaz W »

Andy4791 wrote:Called my dealer today. My unconfirmed build week has slipped again from 29 to 36. I made it perfectly clear to him I found this ridiculous and am in the mind of cancelling if it slips any more. He couldn't give any reasons why. So it will definitely be a 65 reg now I'm sure. Dealer having to MOT my current car as I've told them I'm not paying as should have new car by now. They obviously losing money on what they can get back from selling my car as it gets another 6 months older. Not a happy first experience with VW at all.
I'm in same position, ordered in April and was told 8-12 weeks for delivery and was given a build week of 26, that has now passed and been given build week of 36!

Spoke to VW customer services who advised me that I was incorrectly told that delivery would be 8-12 weeks, and in fact I should have been told its 16-20 weeks for BUILD then another 4 weeks for delivery! WTF!

If they had told me this, I wouldn't have ordered the car, that wait is utter madness for a VW Polo! In a position now where my current car is going to cost me extra money to extend the lease and pay excess mileage etc so not best pleased.
PiliPolo
New
Drives: None yet

Post by PiliPolo »

I will be picking mine up on monday. I will be able to see it on Saturday. I cant wait since I havent seen one yet.
polocks
New

Post by polocks »

followed this thread for ages, now time to post!

ordered 13th feb, arrived this week:
3dr manual flat black
parking & cruise packs
light and sight pack
car app connect/mirror link/car play
tronic acc
sports button

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PiliPolo
New
Drives: None yet

Post by PiliPolo »

Really nice Polocks!! The 3 dr looks so nice. I will be getting a 3dr next week. Coming from a 5 dr car, my two kids might start loving me a bit less when they find out that they can not roll down the windows... I tried to compensate this by getting the pano roof but I am not sure that it will work.
Some first impressions Polock, please.
Congrats and enjoy it.
Bobby1873
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by Bobby1873 »

Car looks amazing! I just ordered my flat black GTI last week, can't wait. I am worried about this build time though seeing you ordered yours in Feb! Who did you buy your car from? Was their a reason for the long wait?
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

Finally another black one! Looks beast, congrats.

I have pretty much the same spec. Twins! :D
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

polocks wrote:followed this thread for ages, now time to post!

ordered 13th feb, arrived this week:
3dr manual flat black
parking & cruise packs
light and sight pack
car app connect/mirror link/car play
tronic acc
sports button

ImageImageImage

Very similar to my 5-door Flat Black spec but you've got Climatronic and App-Connect, while I've got the folding mirrors. You'll love it! Can I ask if you've tried the Car Play yet, and does it work with Apple?

I'd be interested in retrofitting this if it's easy but it's been almost impossible to get any news on it in the UK
deanjohnl
New
Drives: Mk4 Golf GTI

Post by deanjohnl »

Mine got delivered this morning. So far, so good!

I went for 3 door manual in flat black, with the convenience pack, winter pack and sports pack.
polocks
New

Post by polocks »

I went with app connect blind to be honest, with vw not knowing then selves.

so far carplay which is for apple works ok, with the occasional crash in 3rd party apps (eg spotify which is the only worth having do far)

mine actual has the folding mirrors might have missed the convenience pack that has auto lights wipers coming/leaving lights

really impressed so far, not opened it up to much, but just the amount of gadgets on this thing is quirky.

I ordered from leeds, while it took ages for a build slot, once it was built it got to me within the 4 weeks predicted.

interesting to see, my friend has a black st3 and another has a black seat ibiza cupra

the quality difference is very much noticeable insideImage

polocks
New

Post by polocks »

if people are want a quick demo of carplay ill do a video

Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

deanjohnl wrote:Mine got delivered this morning. So far, so good!

I went for 3 door manual in flat black, with the convenience pack, winter pack and sports pack.
It's arrived! Don't forget to let the oil get up to temp before booting it while it's running in. Takes a lot longer than the water temp...

You access this value on the central screen between the Speedo and rev counter by choosing the driving data icon and then using the up and down arrows on the right hand side of the steering wheel to get through to the oil temp.

Have fun - I'll keep an eye out for it around Cardiff :-)
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

Penarth Blues wrote:
Don't forget to let the oil get up to temp before booting it while it's running in. Takes a lot longer than the water temp...

Have fun - I'll keep an eye out for it around Cardiff :-)
you should always let the oil get up to temp before giving it some.

bloody hell there is nearly enough of these in south wales to be called common lol