New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Tomos
Getting There!
Drives: GTI 6R

Re: New GTI

Post by Tomos »

Beaut, absolute Beaut! Cannot contain my excitement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Car has arrive in the uk , now the long journey to Ireland[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
Vex
New
Drives: Polo GTI / Lotus Elise

Post by Vex »

Deejbb wrote:
polocks wrote:Image fitted today

Where did you source that? What do you think of it?
I would also like to know where it was sourced.. Can seem to find this intake for the new 1.8L variant. Did you just retrofit one to suit the car ?
jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by jacksb7 »

DTUK offer it on their website for £429.99.

You've had it a few weeks now haven't you Polocks? Is 248bhp in a Polo feeling as crazy as it should?
j0rd4n500
New
Drives: 1.2 match edition, polo 6c gti

Post by j0rd4n500 »

jacksb7 wrote:DTUK offer it on their website for £429.99.

You've had it a few weeks now haven't you Polocks? Is 248bhp in a Polo feeling as crazy as it should?
I think they are on about the air filter mate, I'm also interested I found the page I just wonder what one you chose.

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/carbon-dyn ... 3_4_1.aspx
Tomos
Getting There!

Post by Tomos »

Picked mine up from the dealership today and I have to say - blown away! I had a 100 mile drive back home and it was a joy to drive.

I've been fortunate to own the 1.4 GTI previous to this one and i can honestly say that in my opinion - it's better than it in everyway. I loved my previous GTI don't get me wrong but this one blows it away. I did have my doubts this morning when driving my DSG if i was doing the right descision in swapping for a manual but its such a lovley gearbox, with the clutch lovley and light - there was defiantly no need for concern. Strong engine, pulling in every gear and constantly wants to go. Interior, a great place to be very tasteful and superb quality.

I ordered mine with the following
- Nav
- Convenience Pack
- Cruise & Park Pack

I managed 37mpg on my way back which i thought was pretty respectfull for a new engine and combination of Dual Carriageways and A roads.

Mine also has a squeek when braking some times but as Andy mentioned, this dissapears after a while so no need for concern hopefully .

DelB
Getting There!
Drives: 65 plate Polo GTI

Post by DelB »

Gorgeous car, Tomos. Enjoy it mate. :)
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

I also had the squeak coming from the rear but it disappeared at about 150 miles, averaging 33mpg though my commute to work is only 8 miles so the car is only just coming up to temperature. I find it a real handful in first gear when accelerating harshly, not sure if it's the wheels spinning or the traction control killing the power.
Tomos
Getting There!

Post by Tomos »

Thanks DelB - it's fabulous! I didn't floor it at any period so haven't yet experienced the full power or whelel spinning in 1st but dealer did mention that cars these days do not need running in - not sure if its true or not!

To any one thinking of buying or ordering, you won't regret it!

DelB
Getting There!

Post by DelB »

Mine's due to be built next week. Thought I could handle the wait ok, but every time I see photos of you guys picking up your new cars it's getting tougher and tougher!! :D
Tomos
Getting There!

Post by Tomos »

That's good news! It's worth the wait - trust me, as everyone would agree i think!

rm55mcc
Silver Member

Post by rm55mcc »

Tomos wrote:[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/22/62bafc2ed65dfcae80e9d20aba6ed761.jpg[/img]

Picked mine up from the dealership today and I have to say - blown away! I had a 100 mile drive back home and it was a joy to drive.

I've been fortunate to own the 1.4 GTI previous to this one and i can honestly say that in my opinion - it's better than it in everyway. I loved my previous GTI don't get me wrong but this one blows it away. I did have my doubts this morning when driving my DSG if i was doing the right descision in swapping for a manual but its such a lovley gearbox, with the clutch lovley and light - there was defiantly no need for concern. Strong engine, pulling in every gear and constantly wants to go. Interior, a great place to be very tasteful and superb quality.

I ordered mine with the following
- Nav
- Convenience Pack
- Cruise & Park Pack

I managed 37mpg on my way back which i thought was pretty respectfull for a new engine and combination of Dual Carriageways and A roads.

Mine also has a squeek when braking some times but as Andy mentioned, this dissapears after a while so no need for concern hopefully .

Beautiful mate health to drive [emoji594][emoji594][emoji594][emoji594][emoji594][emoji594]
Tomos
Getting There!

Post by Tomos »

Cheers rm55mcc! Yours will not be long now - keep on in there! Ill try and get some more detailed pics in the week coming! Lights are extremely good also! Does any one by any chance know how to change the bottom bit of the key. Ive bought x2 gti ones and want to fit them so removing the black ones and fitting the chrome GTI ones?

rm55mcc
Silver Member

Post by rm55mcc »

Small coin , under the plastic bit on the side , pops the cover off and then unscrew a bit put the gti metal bit in.. Very easy.. Bought 2 my self . Lol is the headlineing black in the car Tomos???
DelB
Getting There!

Post by DelB »

Tomos wrote:Ive bought x2 gti ones and want to fit them so removing the black ones and fitting the chrome GTI ones?

Where would I get hold of these, please? :)