APR Remap for Polo GTI 6c

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: APR Remap for Polo GTI 6c

Post by Dink »

Lol I'm 34 and will be modding mine a fair bit.

Once I start getting cash coming back in, a bigger inter cooler is first on the list.

I think the idea of mapping a dsg would play in the back of my mind as vw have basically admitted it's a weak box for the engine
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

Mine made 236bhp and 302ft/lbs
RobHardy
New
Drives: APR Polo GTI 1.8 TSI

Post by RobHardy »

Torque is higher than the claims, power a little down. How many miles has it done and what fuel did it have in?

I think the hp difference is good but tbh here is prob even more gain where power fades off stock, it holds out with the remap
Bear
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 GTI

Post by Bear »

Scott Bounce wrote:Mine made 236bhp and 302ft/lbs
More importantly... How does it feel? Big difference?
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

Question is what was the at the wheels figure?
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member

Post by Scott Bounce »

RobHardy wrote:Torque is higher than the claims, power a little down. How many miles has it done and what fuel did it have in?

I think the hp difference is good but tbh here is prob even more gain where power fades off stock, it holds out with the remap
Aye 18 less bhp that quoted but 14ft/lbs more torque, not far off the stage 2 torque figures. It's done 2000 miles and had V Power in it as usual.

That said, 3rd and 4th gear pull feels like 2nd, just need decent dry roads for some grip. It sounds a lot different too I think.
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member

Post by Scott Bounce »

Bear wrote:
Scott Bounce wrote:Mine made 236bhp and 302ft/lbs
More importantly... How does it feel? Big difference?
Massive difference, can't explain how different it picks up.
Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

Hey guys, I am thinking to the APR Stage I too from our local dealer in Prague. I already purchased cat-back exhaust from BN-Pipes, sounds absolutely awesome, now the downpipe is made with HJS sports cat. Please more reviews how the APR works. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RobHardy
New
Drives: APR Polo GTI 1.8 TSI

Post by RobHardy »

I think it's got better as I have drove it more since the remap. I'd be tempted to get it RR'd again soon, I think you may see that claimed figure! I'd say mine has gained power since perhaps the ecu adjusts a bit
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member

Post by Scott Bounce »

RobHardy wrote:I think it's got better as I have drove it more since the remap. I'd be tempted to get it RR'd again soon, I think you may see that claimed figure! I'd say mine has gained power since perhaps the ecu adjusts a bit
The weather is crap here and the roads are soaking, literally spins in 3rd with little throttle. I would say it felt faster today than it did on the drive home last night.
andy_gdon
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi

Re: RE: Re: APR Remap for Polo GTI 6c

Post by andy_gdon »

Bear wrote:
Dink wrote:i would look to get a full turbo back system but can't see why the milltek is so much more on the 1.8 tsi over the 1.4 tsi (according to prices on awesome gti site)

i would go custom but would need it to work with the map well
The thing that appeals to me with the Stage 2 map and downpipe combination is the complete retention of the stock appearance (I'm nearly 30 after all). Frankly the ONLY other mod' I plan on doing to the car is putting some proper tyres on it. Price isn't really an issue - far more fussed about value which for me comes from quality as much as price. I certainly won't be fitting any old crap to my car, so happy to hear opinions on which components are best.

Would I really be missing a trick not going for a full exhaust system and just getting the downpipe?

As a second (and slightly related question) can the APR map be installed so that it is only activated when the Sport button is pushed? Just thinking it might be a nice touch...

Lastly, do any of you guys with (or soon to be with) the APR map have DSG gearboxes? Are you / would you be overly concerned getting it on a DSG car?
I had concerns and talking to a dsg mechanic for a local dealer has just about confirmed my thoughts. No power hikes for me.

Spaced and lows...maybe a cat back

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member

Post by Scott Bounce »

Bear wrote:
Dink wrote:i would look to get a full turbo back system but can't see why the milltek is so much more on the 1.8 tsi over the 1.4 tsi (according to prices on awesome gti site)

The thing that appeals to me with the Stage 2 map and downpipe combination is the complete retention of the stock appearance (I'm nearly 30 after all). Frankly the ONLY other mod' I plan on doing to the car is putting some proper tyres on it. Price isn't really an issue - far more fussed about value which for me comes from quality as much as price. I certainly won't be fitting any old crap to my car, so happy to hear opinions on which components are best.

Would I really be missing a trick not going for a full exhaust system and just getting the downpipe?

As a second (and slightly related question) can the APR map be installed so that it is only activated when the Sport button is pushed? Just thinking it might be a nice touch...

Lastly, do any of you guys with (or soon to be with) the APR map have DSG gearboxes? Are you / would you be overly concerned getting it on a DSG car?
I wouldn't say you'd be missing much not getting a full system. That car sounds decent standard and bar a bit more sound and a slight bit more power if it worth the extra money? I know I won't be spending it on that. I MIGHT go with the APR downpipe (gets you the stage up map for free) and maybe a good induction kit if I can find one.

I have a manual and although it does say on APR that the DSG boxes can handle stage 1 mines is putting out crazy torque now and I would be wary.
Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Post by Deejbb »

Scott Bounce wrote:
Bear wrote:

I wouldn't say you'd be missing much not getting a full system. That car sounds decent standard and bar a bit more sound and a slight bit more power if it worth the extra money? I know I won't be spending it on that. I MIGHT go with the APR downpipe (gets you the stage up map for free) and maybe a good induction kit if I can find one.

I have a manual and although it does say on APR that the DSG boxes can handle stage 1 mines is putting out crazy torque now and I would be wary.
I agree... Obviously manufactures will air on the side of caution but if VW felt the need to reduce the torque of the 1.8 engine by 50ftlbs to 184 due to the DSG then I would worry about remapping the engine to 300 ftlbs and the effect that would have on the gearbox..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bear
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 GTI

Post by Bear »

I'm sure some nutter will get this done on a DSG Polo GTI sooner or later, would be very keen to hear feedback. At this rate I'll be the first :lol:
GavinW
New
Drives: MY15 Polo GTi / MY10 R35 GTR

Post by GavinW »

Bear wrote:I'm sure some nutter will get this done on a DSG Polo GTI sooner or later, would be very keen to hear feedback. At this rate I'll be the first :lol:
I took mine to Autotorque for a remap at the weekend and it turns out they couldn't do it, so it's booked in at Awesome Gti on Friday...

I've discussed the power hike with various people and they all refer back to APR who say there is no problem running stage 1 through the DSG7

I'll let you know how long the gearbox lasts :lol:

If it is the same box that's in the 1.4 TSI then I ran a stage 1 APR for over 80,000 miles with zero issues and that felt pretty mental for what it was.

If there were some gearbox mods / software to be had down the line, I'd get them done straight away.... It was the first thing I did on my GTR before I even touched the engine!