New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

Wilxay wrote:Well my dealer called me and said its being loaded in Germany and will be in Grimsby in a couple of days.
Oh really maybe they all vary then, I did a search on here and some people mentioned Santander so I just thought that was it. I guess they could move it over to Germany over land though and ship from there.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Bear
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by Bear »

helloimjammie wrote:ImageImage
Little update. Free gift from the local dealer. Genuine golf gti performance pack red badges :)

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge using Tapatalk
The red badges look awesome! Is the front one a direct swap or did you have to modify it to fit the Polo grille? Any tips for fitting the rear, or more specifically, tips for removing the old one?
helloimjammie
Bronze Member

Post by helloimjammie »

Bear wrote:
helloimjammie wrote:[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160227/9fadc33b3ded738bbd801e60ce41bc4c.jpg[/img][img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160227/746999d10b00ea2d7ee0ff7e0a682ada.jpg[/img]
Little update. Free gift from the local dealer. Genuine golf gti performance pack red badges :)

The red badges look awesome! Is the front one a direct swap or did you have to modify it to fit the Polo grille? Any tips for fitting the rear, or more specifically, tips for removing the old one?
I can't comment tbh as the dealership fitted them for me. But on my old polo r line on the rear I just used dental floss to basically remove the badges off the adhesive and then used an automotive glue/tar remover with a cloth to buff off the old foam pads. Clean and dry the area and then apply the new badge. On the front of my old r line I used dental floss again to remove it from the bracket and just stuck the new one over the top without removing any of the old foam pads :) it's easy enough to do it yourself but the dealer offered to do it for me this time :)

helloimjammie
Bronze Member

Post by helloimjammie »

Wanting to test out black emblems on the front and back. Anyone know whether the 6r polo badge will fit the front or is it different now?

Timmsy
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by Timmsy »

I think these are the same as posted above

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 95&alt=web

If so then the front looks pretty simple. Not taken delivery of my GTI yet so if someone could confirm if the original just bolts on that would be great.

The rear would be pretty simple as per above post or use fishing line. Just make sure you don't use anything abrasive to remove the sticky pads after removing the original.
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

Wilxay wrote:I think the boat to watch is African Highway. It's in Emden at the moment and its last destination was Grimsby!
Let me know if you get a text to say yours is now on the next stage. I see the vessel you mentioned has left Emden and off to Sheerness now, prob Grimsby after. I don't know what port mine is being loaded from but hoping your right!

Pavel
Getting There!
Drives: MK8 GTI

Post by Pavel »

Getting mine back after repairs today. Actually can't wait. Not having it for over a week has made me realise how much I love driving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Just seen a transporter with a black GTI heading away from Grimsby, didn't see if it was 3 or 5 door though. Hopefully be making someone very happy in a couple of days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Picked up my GTI today :D. Lovin' it, although I was sorry to see my mk6 Golf GTD go as it's been a great car. Today's miserable weather wasn't the best for picking up a new car though, and it already needs a good clean.

I've driven it about 50 miles so far. Initial impressions; it seems pretty well screwed together, feels spacious for a small car and much quieter than the GTD at low speeds (no diesel rumble!). I like the media unit, and after adjusting the equaliser and fader, it doesn't sound too bad compared to the Golf, which had the factory Dynaudio system. Just needs a bit more tweaking to get it 'just right'. The seats are comfy; if I do have a criticism of them, it's that I'd prefer them to go a bit lower. The needle sweep on start up is pretty cool too. Looking forward to driving it in the dark tomorrow evening, to see how the LED headlights compare to the xenons I had on my Golf.

I've got the sports performance kit, and in the default normal (non-sport) setting, the ride seems quite similar to the GTD which was on 18" wheels. I'll try it in the sport setting tomorrow to see how it compares.

I bit the bullet and let the dealer prep my car, although I was tempted to ask them just to remove the protective sheeting and take it dirty, and then prep it myself. They did a reasonable job of prepping it, although there are swirls on the black 'B' pillars and the black trailing edge of the rear spoiler. When the weather improves, I'll get my DA polisher out and give it a good polish and wax, and post some pictures up.

All in all, really pleased with it. Those of you who are waiting to get yours, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

SRGTD wrote:Picked up my GTI today :D. Lovin' it, although I was sorry to see my mk6 Golf GTD go as it's been a great car. Today's miserable weather wasn't the best for picking up a new car though, and it already needs a good clean.

I've driven it about 50 miles so far. Initial impressions; it seems pretty well screwed together, feels spacious for a small car and much quieter than the GTD at low speeds (no diesel rumble!). I like the media unit, and after adjusting the equaliser and fader, it doesn't sound too bad compared to the Golf, which had the factory Dynaudio system. Just needs a bit more tweaking to get it 'just right'. The seats are comfy; if I do have a criticism of them, it's that I'd prefer them to go a bit lower. The needle sweep on start up is pretty cool too. Looking forward to driving it in the dark tomorrow evening, to see how the LED headlights compare to the xenons I had on my Golf.

I've got the sports performance kit, and in the default normal (non-sport) setting, the ride seems quite similar to the GTD which was on 18" wheels. I'll try it in the sport setting tomorrow to see how it compares.

I bit the bullet and let the dealer prep my car, although I was tempted to ask them just to remove the protective sheeting and take it dirty, and then prep it myself. They did a reasonable job of prepping it, although there are swirls on the black 'B' pillars and the black trailing edge of the rear spoiler. When the weather improves, I'll get my DA polisher out and give it a good polish and wax, and post some pictures up.

All in all, really pleased with it. Those of you who are waiting to get yours, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Glad u like it m8. Yeah they gr8 little cars, I'm still fiddling with stereo as got it Ok but still not brilliant. Gloss black trim scratches just by looking at it, i got the majority of swirls our with a sonus finishing polish an pad. Enjoy your new toy [emoji106]
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Andy4791 wrote: Glad u like it m8. Yeah they gr8 little cars, I'm still fiddling with stereo as got it Ok but still not brilliant. Gloss black trim scratches just by looking at it, i got the majority of swirls our with a sonus finishing polish an pad. Enjoy your new toy [emoji106]
Thanks Andy. It took me over a year to get the sound from the stereo in my Golf just how I wanted it. Agree on the gloss black trim; that will be a challenge to keep looking good.
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

the_bakerboy3685 wrote:
Wilxay wrote:I think the boat to watch is African Highway. It's in Emden at the moment and its last destination was Grimsby!
Let me know if you get a text to say yours is now on the next stage. I see the vessel you mentioned has left Emden and off to Sheerness now, prob Grimsby after. I don't know what port mine is being loaded from but hoping your right!

Another one to watch is Ems Highway
Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

helloimjammie wrote:Wanting to test out black emblems on the front and back. Anyone know whether the 6r polo badge will fit the front or is it different now?

Hi, I did the same, bought OEM performance badges, the front one, you need to cut off those plastic hangers on it, my dealership did it for me and than glue it on the mesh with black window glue. Rear one is not problem.

duffman
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by duffman »

Got my stuck trip reset button repaired yesterday, they did end up replacing the whole dash. If you've just picked up a new one might be worth just checking that yours doesnt stick in.

On the way back was followed for a good few miles by a white 5 door GTI, YS65 ??? I think was the plate, wondered if that's anyone on here? Was driving through Thurcroft in Rotherham.
lewisp
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI

New GTI

Post by lewisp »

Last edited by lewisp on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.