New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New GTI

Post by SRGTD »

LegoDeano wrote:Just been told by my dealership they want £162 to swap the badges over!! :shock:
LegoDeano, you considered red badge skins that fit over the existing chrome GTI badges? Other colours are available too, and significantly cheaper than £162. Link to website below;

http://www.badgeskins.com/store/p73/POL ... eskin.html
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

Nope but that's a much simpler option for me! Still looks good too judging from their images. Cheers for the link! Might order that up when it finally arrives. I almost fell off my chair when they said £162.00..

I've been told by my retailer that they suggest it'll still be 'a few weeks'. I hate the waiting :( it's only over in Sheerness!!
minefields
New
Drives: 2016 polo gti

Post by minefields »

SRGTD wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:Just been told by my dealership they want £162 to swap the badges over!! :shock:
LegoDeano, you considered red badge skins that fit over the existing chrome GTI badges? Other colours are available too, and significantly cheaper than £162. Link to website below;

http://www.badgeskins.com/store/p73/POL ... eskin.html
Funnily Enough I fitted mine today. They came with 2 IPA wipes to clean the badges and then application was pretty straight-forward, I used the guide they have on their website. In total they cost me £16 and delivery was pretty quick considering it came from the US.

Onto the pictures, car is filthy as I cannot wash it for a few more days because of the cquartz but the badges look great,

Wilxay
Silver Member

New GTI

Post by Wilxay »

My dealer bought in the badge for me as a sweetener because I couldn't pick my own reg plate. But obviously when it came to fitting it, it wasn't a straight swap, they suggested the only way to do it is pull the letters off the bracket and swap them round, but this wasn't a 'Volkswagen approved method' so they wouldn't do it.
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

I bought a spare off eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/301919401208 and swapped the letters round on that one. Better than £162
LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

Cheers for the reply guys - appreciate the help. I did think £162 was a bit of a p*** take! Sounds more like throwing a price at it to blow it out the water so I didn't go for it more than anything. :roll:
TeddyThePug
New
Drives: GTi

Post by TeddyThePug »

Looks like my GTI is still at the port waiting for a boat.. been like that for almost 2 weeks now :(
I was thinking yesterday I wish I'd have specced the central armrest now as going for an auto box I guess I have a spare hand a lot of the time (apart from occasionally using it to steer hehe :))
LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

TeddyThePug wrote:Looks like my GTI is still at the port waiting for a boat.. been like that for almost 2 weeks now :(
I was thinking yesterday I wish I'd have specced the central armrest now as going for an auto box I guess I have a spare hand a lot of the time (apart from occasionally using it to steer hehe :))
Ah :( hopefully it's loaded up soon. I've been told mine is still in the compound (thought it was only meant to be 12 hours?) and that it only arrived yesterday, even though I tracked the ship arrive on Wednesday and leave to go elsewhere! I seem to get conflicting info from the Live Chat quite a bit.

I opted for the central armrest as I'm used to it on my current car but have watched a couple of reviews saying it's a bit annoying to keep moving it when using the handbrake.
TeddyThePug
New
Drives: GTi

Post by TeddyThePug »

LegoDeano wrote:
TeddyThePug wrote:Looks like my GTI is still at the port waiting for a boat.. been like that for almost 2 weeks now :(
Ah :( hopefully it's loaded up soon. I've been told mine is still in the compound (thought it was only meant to be 12 hours?) and that it only arrived yesterday, even though I tracked the ship arrive on Wednesday and leave to go elsewhere! I seem to get conflicting info from the Live Chat quite a bit.

I opted for the central armrest as I'm used to it on my current car but have watched a couple of reviews saying it's a bit annoying to keep moving it when using the handbrake.
Oh right I didn't realize it interfered with the handbrake. A little odd :) yeah hopefully be on its way soon! 8)
stables89
New
Drives: Polo 6C GTI

Post by stables89 »

TeddyThePug wrote:Hi guys/gals, I need to fill in a formto enable me to take it abroad on the company scheme but to do so I need to know the car registration. At what point in the process is the car registered and given a reg no? My Gti is on stage 5 'left the factory' currently.

The need is time critical as if I'm not cleared to drive it abroad (i'm taking it to France 17th June) I won't be able to drive to Le Mans :(
My one had a registration assigned when it arrived at the uk port
LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

TeddyThePug wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:

Oh right I didn't realize it interfered with the handbrake. A little odd :) yeah hopefully be on its way soon! 8)
Me neither! Can't remember which video it was but none of the others commented on it, and I haven't seen it mentioned here so I'm sure it's not much of an issue! I'm sure it won't be too long until it's loaded. If you can find out the boat name you can track the boat online like I did :D.

Just been told the transport for mine has been booked by the retailer and it'll be with them before the end of next week.. happy days! Anyone know how long it takes for them to get it ready roughly? This is only my second car and my first was already ready and waiting in the UK for me.
Bigfish99
New
Drives: GTI DSG

Post by Bigfish99 »

Hey guys... just had my GTI in to the garage to look at a rattle which Ive heard developed in the exhaust area over the last few weeks.... Almost had myself convinced it was supposed to sound like a rattly tin can haha... Turns out somethings came loose inside the silencer box/boxes. New exhaust in full is now on order. Glad im not going insane. Only 6 weeks old too!
Pavel
Getting There!
Drives: MK8 GTI

Post by Pavel »

I've got the armrest in mine and it doesn't get in the way of the handbrake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

Pavel wrote:I've got the armrest in mine and it doesn't get in the way of the handbrake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome thanks for confirming :D
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

I'm tempted to order white gti badge skins :?