New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Re: New GTI

Post by LegoDeano »

Picked up my GTI this morning and all I can say is it's absolutely brilliant!had a few nice run arounds today to do and itching to get back out in it already.
Essexpologti
New
Drives: Polo gti 2015

Post by Essexpologti »

C_Randell_23 wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:Still no update on mine :( everything tracker wise points to it being at the retailer but they are still telling me it's not there yet.. hoping for a weekend pick up but I'm doubtful :(
VW Dont seem to be clued up on this car tracking thing! My car left the factory on the 28th April, I have had 1 person on VW chat say the car is currently waiting in Germany to be loaded even though its made in Spain, My dealer saying it will be here in May, another person on live chat saying my car was loaded on the ship from Germany last Saturday but then VW live chat again saying that the car is in Germany to be loaded and then finaly another sales guy at my dealer saying the car is in Germany and will be here in 4 weeks. Everyone seems to be giving me differing/ incorrect information :? :?

I wonder if anyone else who had build week w/c 25th April has heard anything positive / had any accurate updates on their car?

My ST has been sold now and being picked up next weekend and I don't fancy being car-less for weeks!!
Where did you sell the ST? Take you long to sell?
Mine has been up for sale almost 2 weeks and hardly had any interest.
Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

thats me just driven the wifes gti back from glasgow to aberdeen. lovely.
apart from the gouge out of the front drivers side alloy!!!

think vw will be giving me a new one asap

can anyone tell me if the vw racing springs for the 6r will fit the 6c?
i dont have the sport button so i think it should be ok but please let me know

the only downside to this little rocket i can see is that im going to have to spend another wad of cash at awesome gti :D :D :D

also, whats the best way to upload photos?

thanks in advance

jaimie
santini
New
Drives: Honda Civic

Post by santini »

LegoDeano wrote:Picked up my GTI this morning and all I can say is it's absolutely brilliant!had a few nice run arounds today to do and itching to get back out in it already.
All went well then..? Post some pics if you can 8)
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

My replacement car has just progressed to stage 5a. So not long until a second hand GTI is up for grabs in my area!
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

Wilxay wrote:My replacement car has just progressed to stage 5a. So not long until a second hand GTI is up for grabs in my area!
I thought you rejected your car, don't the dealer just normally swap em in these situations rather than let u sell it. Or are u meaning it'll b for sale at the dealers
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Yeah I'm rejecting the car but they have still let me drive around in it while a new one has been built. Yes it will be in a dealership near me soon
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

I get ya, mine wasn't great after I'd had a closer look, more or less looks how I want it too now after I DA polished it. Don't let em screw this one up
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

Post by C_Randell_23 »

Essexpologti wrote:
C_Randell_23 wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:Still no update on mine :( everything tracker wise points to it being at the retailer but they are still telling me it's not there yet.. hoping for a weekend pick up but I'm doubtful :(
VW Dont seem to be clued up on this car tracking thing! My car left the factory on the 28th April, I have had 1 person on VW chat say the car is currently waiting in Germany to be loaded even though its made in Spain, My dealer saying it will be here in May, another person on live chat saying my car was loaded on the ship from Germany last Saturday but then VW live chat again saying that the car is in Germany to be loaded and then finaly another sales guy at my dealer saying the car is in Germany and will be here in 4 weeks. Everyone seems to be giving me differing/ incorrect information :? :?

I wonder if anyone else who had build week w/c 25th April has heard anything positive / had any accurate updates on their car?

My ST has been sold now and being picked up next weekend and I don't fancy being car-less for weeks!!
What Mk is yours? Mine was the 6.5 facelift. Had to bite the bullet and pay the 45 quid auto trader were asking. Had it listed on gumtree, facebook and ebay but only got 3 people interested. First 2 days of auto trader I got 3 people interested and the first viewer took it, I had to be abit keen on the price though to get it sold even though it was in pristene condition with mountune pas cooler full leather and alll black trim with black wheels and stuff. It would have been much easier to hand it over to VW but selling privately I have pocketed an extra £700. If it comes to the point the polos in the showroom just go round to local second hand dealers and ask what they will offer you as an escape rout, small garages will allways offer you more than a franchised VW main dealer.

On another note my car arrived at shearness last Wednesday, how long have people been waitng between port and arrival at dealership? I am really hoping I can be getting in the GTI for the bank holiday weekend.
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

LegoDeano wrote:Picked up my GTI this morning and all I can say is it's absolutely brilliant!had a few nice run arounds today to do and itching to get back out in it already.
Will have to organise something with myself and George who's also in the area and on here. Be good to get 3 together! This was from a few weeks back meeting George Image
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by d7lan »

Monty wrote:
d7lan wrote:I bought the little chrome GTI key top from eBay. Didnt realise it was a torx screw. Does anyone know the size?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
T6
Cheers. Smallest I had was a T10. Sorted now!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
GeorgeS78
New
Drives: Polo 9N3 soon to be 6C GTI

Post by GeorgeS78 »

ShaunP wrote:
Will have to organise something with myself and George who's also in the area and on here. Be good to get 3 together! This was from a few weeks back meeting George [img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160522/5cd9ac27ceb6b411418ba845b32aa9b7.jpg[/img]
Sounds good, nice to have a few gti's together
Essexpologti
New
Drives: Polo gti 2015

Post by Essexpologti »

C_Randell_23 wrote:
Essexpologti wrote:
C_Randell_23 wrote:

What Mk is yours? Mine was the 6.5 facelift. Had to bite the bullet and pay the 45 quid auto trader were asking. Had it listed on gumtree, facebook and ebay but only got 3 people interested. First 2 days of auto trader I got 3 people interested and the first viewer took it, I had to be abit keen on the price though to get it sold even though it was in pristene condition with mountune pas cooler full leather and alll black trim with black wheels and stuff. It would have been much easier to hand it over to VW but selling privately I have pocketed an extra £700. If it comes to the point the polos in the showroom just go round to local second hand dealers and ask what they will offer you as an escape rout, small garages will allways offer you more than a franchised VW main dealer.

On another note my car arrived at shearness last Wednesday, how long have people been waitng between port and arrival at dealership? I am really hoping I can be getting in the GTI for the bank holiday weekend.
Mk7.5 ST-3
Yeah I paid £56 for my advert :O.
Been on for two weeks and had 500+ views, on Facebook now, on gumtree and a couple of others.
Think I might have to go down that route but don't really want to as I will be out of pocket big time.
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

ShaunP wrote:
Will have to organise something with myself and George who's also in the area and on here. Be good to get 3 together! This was from a few weeks back meeting George Image
Haha is that County Oak? I'll keep an eye out for you guys on the road! Gave it a good run out on Sunday and racked up 100+ miles or so. Love the sound it makes! The power feels so easily accessible too.
GeorgeS78
New
Drives: Polo 9N3 soon to be 6C GTI

Post by GeorgeS78 »

LegoDeano wrote:
ShaunP wrote:
Will have to organise something with myself and George who's also in the area and on here. Be good to get 3 together! This was from a few weeks back meeting George [img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160522/5cd9ac27ceb6b411418ba845b32aa9b7.jpg[/img]
Haha is that County Oak? I'll keep an eye out for you guys on the road! Gave it a good run out on Sunday and racked up 100+ miles or so. Love the sound it makes! The power feels so easily accessible too.
Yeah that's at county oak, just have to be careful with the parking this time Shaun[emoji23]