Auto door locking on BlueGt?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Kaz212
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Auto door locking on BlueGt?

Post by Kaz212 »

Hi everyone. I've just bought a BlueGT (2015) which I'm really impressed with. However, I'd like to get the doors to lock when I drive away. Going through the screens on the onboard computer I find this isn't an option & my local VW dealer tells me this isn't available on the car???? Is there any way this can be retro fitted? :?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Auto door locking on BlueGt?

Post by RUM4MO »

Yes I've done that on wife's August 2015 Polo 1.2TSI SEL using VCDS. It is not a simple one click change, a few modules need to get their coding changed including the MMI so that the option appears on the menu listing.

Carista using the Beta S/W might be able to do it as a single press!

Edit:- maybe search on this forum to see what has been written already as I'm sure that someone reported being able to enable this function, and I added the exact procedure - maybe?

Another Edit:- this function seems to be a regional thing, some want it some don't seem to want it, ie VW UK have not included it in their lists of "must haves". As to why VW dealers don't have the wit to ask for or have instructions on how to do this - I can't say.
gregmkv
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG

Post by gregmkv »

RUM4MO wrote:Yes I've done that on wife's August 2015 Polo 1.2TSI SEL using VCDS. It is not a simple one click change, a few modules need to get their coding changed including the MMI so that the option appears on the menu listing.

Carista using the Beta S/W might be able to do it as a single press!

Edit:- maybe search on this forum to see what has been written already as I'm sure that someone reported being able to enable this function, and I added the exact procedure - maybe?

Another Edit:- this function seems to be a regional thing, some want it some don't seem to want it, ie VW UK have not included it in their lists of "must haves". As to why VW dealers don't have the wit to ask for or have instructions on how to do this - I can't say.
What do I need to change in VCDS? Would love this on my 6c GTI
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

gregmkv wrote: What do I need to change in VCDS? Would love this on my 6c GTI
Best plan would be to use the search function with "auto locking" - I'll check that out tomorrow as I'm sure that I detailed all the changes that were needed and the order to do them in, which is roughly the same as some one posted some time ago, but maybe worded differently.

You need to be a bit courageous in using VCDS to do this and careful, though VCDS will guide you a bit.

Edit:- yes it is all there, make the changes to BCM first, then enable that option in the MMI .
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Mine, same year, UK model has auto locked from new, as has every car I've owned over the last twenty or so years. I thought they all did, silly me.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Ricmondo wrote:Mine, same year, UK model has auto locked from new, as has every car I've owned over the last twenty or so years. I thought they all did, silly me.
Yes, exactly, why did VW, and SEAT stop doing this for a short time or to some cars?
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

The U.K. Models have locks programmed to remain or Brexit I suppose.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

The options for programming it directly are:

Module:- 09 Cent Elect -
(3)-Access control-automatisches Verriegeln bei Geschwindigkeit - select this
(4)-Access control-automatisches Entriegeln - select this

and for enabling the menu:

Module:- 5F Information Elect
(18)-Access control-Menuesteuerung ZV Autolock-Unlock – set to adjustable ( this option will now appear in MMI menu with the ability to select “auto lock about 15KPH” and select “auto unlock ignition off or driver’s door open”
Kaz212
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Post by Kaz212 »

Thanks for all the info guys! I'm going to print off the details and give them to the dealership. It's frustrating that they don't seem to have the knowledge/ability to find this out, but this forum has been a great help :D
gregmkv
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG

Post by gregmkv »

I've done this in my 6c GTI and it works a treat.

Thanks guys!
Immlang
New

Post by Immlang »

Thanks to the people with the knowledge and willingness to share it, I've now programmed auto locking and unlocking and showing it in the car menu. I'm very grateful.