Intake fitted on my 6c GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
georgebentham
New
Drives: Polo 6C GTI

Intake fitted on my 6c GTI

Post by georgebentham »

Got my intake kit today, so obviously wasted no time in getting it fitted!
Really happy with new noise from it (although it sounds like stock recirc valve is dumping pressure at 2500rpm??? Can anyone shed any light on this for me???)
Seems to move better lower in the revs now as well. Mega chuffed. Pics and video below... :twisted:

Monty
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Re: Intake fitted on my 6c GTI

Post by Monty »

Hi, Whats the specific model name for the entire intake system you've bought for your Polo? Where did you buy it and how much was it? it sounds brilliant! I have a Polo on order i wouldn't mind installing one just for that! Thanks for sharing the video.

Have you noticed a higher fuel consumption with it or power increase?
hanby42
New
Drives: 2016 GTI

Post by hanby42 »

Did you get a reply?
Baxgttdi
New
Drives: GTi

Post by Baxgttdi »

Looks like one of the custom ones from one of guys over on the owners club on Facebook. If it is his, think it's somewhere around the £230-£250 mark but literally everyone that has one raves about it. He makes them to order I belive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WULLIE
New
Drives: 2015 GTI 6C

Post by WULLIE »

Looks great for heat soak from the engine bay. Have you put some cold sir ducting to it from the front grill?

The standard airbox is very efficient on there cars. Bearing in mind its still a similar size as the golf R. Andvits sealed from the engine heat with a nice cold feed straight in!
chrisfernandez
New
Drives: Vw Polo 6c Gti/Wrc

Re: RE: Intake fitted on my 6c GTI

Post by chrisfernandez »

georgebentham wrote:Got my intake kit today, so obviously wasted no time in getting it fitted!
Really happy with new noise from it (although it sounds like stock recirc valve is dumping pressure at 2500rpm??? Can anyone shed any light on this for me???)
Seems to move better lower in the revs now as well. Mega chuffed. Pics and video below... :twisted:

[img]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/borisb92/IMG_0470_zpshpx1itdi.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/borisb92/th_IMG_0473_zpsgzjl70jd.mp4[/img]
Sounds great bud....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
chrisfernandez
New

Re: RE: Re: Intake fitted on my 6c GTI

Post by chrisfernandez »

WULLIE wrote:Looks great for heat soak from the engine bay. Have you put some cold sir ducting to it from the front grill?

The standard airbox is very efficient on there cars. Bearing in mind its still a similar size as the golf R. Andvits sealed from the engine heat with a nice cold feed straight in!
True .... but remember heat soak only happpens on quarter miles or dynos.

On open road she will get cold air.

chrisfernandez
New

Post by chrisfernandez »

WULLIE wrote:Looks great for heat soak from the engine bay. Have you put some cold sir ducting to it from the front grill?

Best is cool her down with meth

WULLIE
New
Drives: 2015 GTI 6C

Post by WULLIE »

chrisfernandez wrote: True .... but remember heat soak only happpens on quarter miles or dynos.

On open road she will get cold air.

Also on the lovely congested roads in the UK :(