Cars arrived!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Baxgttdi
New
Drives: GTi

Cars arrived!

Post by Baxgttdi »

My new car has finally arrived and only one problem is left, getting it to me!

The garage is at Gillingham (via drive the deal) and I'm near Newcastle. Ideally I'd like to put the first miles on my car rather than have someone drive it 250 miles to me. Has anyone ever managed to negotiate for them to pay fuel and travel expenses rather than the garage to pay someone to drive it up, pay for the fuel and for the guys return train journey back? Or am I being unreasonable? Any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Cars arrived!

Post by iichel »

i know, in mainland europe you can pick up the car in wolfsburg. but i don't know what it does for the price
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Have they definitely said it will be driven? I would have thought it would be put on a small transporter/ trailer and brought to you that way?
Oli3000
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL

Post by Oli3000 »

I bought mine via carwow and chose to travel 200 miles to Barnsley to collect, although they offered free delivery by their driver. They were not forthcoming regarding paying for my travel and somehow I suspect they never are as you've already used a broker to ensure you get the absolute cheapest price!
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

My daughter bought a car through drive the deal some time ago. Could not negotiate any discount for collecting. Could have had it trailered for additional cost. A driver delivered it some 150 miles for free. No scratches or paint chips. No problems encountered with it 3 years down the line- not using oil, performs as expected.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I'd personally want to pick it up from the supplying dealer, so I had a chance to thoroughly check it over before it's driven. You'll also be the first driver to put the miles on the clock, so you'll know how it's been driven, rather than being driven by an unknown delivery driver who may not treat it with the respect you would.

Also, if it's driven to you on a wet day, the car will be very dirty when it gets to you, and you won't have a chance to inspect it properly until after the delivery driver has left.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Maybe I've missed something here, I initially checked all the prices when moving to buy a new Polo for my wife, that is DriveTheDeal, OrangeWheels and another, all of the best prices came from the supplying dealers were at the other end of the country - makes sense as it is a game that we were all playing - and I knew at that time I was would need to travel to collect that car! In the end, I put together a word document which was effectively a "RFQ" - Request to Quote to Supply", the final price I used was the best broker offer plus a "convenience cost" to cover all my travelling and fuel and food. I went to my local dealer and placed that sheet of paper in front of a sales person, within 10 minutes we shook hands on that deal.

So, where did you go wrong that made you leave it until delivery time to try to avoid travelling to collect the car?

I'd think that the obvious thing that you need to do is to get on a train and get that car.
Quicksilver
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi DSG

Post by Quicksilver »

I bought my car from Listers at Nuneaton who gave the best quote on Carwow. They said as I live in Essex they would not put such a large delivery mileage on my car and would deliver by transporter at no extra charge.
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

Quicksilver wrote:I bought my car from Listers at Nuneaton who gave the best quote on Carwow. They said as I live in Essex they would not put such a large delivery mileage on my car and would deliver by transporter at no extra charge.
Same garage through Carwow and same deal on delivery - couldn't have gone any smoother really, and it's nice to have the car turn up on a transporter so that everyone knows it's arrived! :D
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Haha was it Claire? She was my best quote, but I just took it to local VW who matched the price.
Quicksilver
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi DSG

Post by Quicksilver »

nats148 wrote:Haha was it Claire? She was my best quote, but I just took it to local VW who matched the price.
Yes, it was Claire. Her quote was £600 cheaper than my local dealer and when I showed him he would not offer anything. The delivery by trailer was excellent so I was very pleased. Also, the car was very well prepared with no marks or swirls.
Nlolotte
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 1.2 R-Line TSI 6R

Post by Nlolotte »

nats148 wrote:Have they definitely said it will be driven? I would have thought it would be put on a small transporter/ trailer and brought to you that way?
Ask your dealer this is what they did for my friends new polo