35 or 39 psi

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
panosvet
New
Drives: Vw polo gti 6c

35 or 39 psi

Post by panosvet »

Hello gti owners
Got a tip from the dealer to keep 35 psi on all tyres, instead of 35 rear/39 front. They told me that 35/39 is only necessary when heavily loading the car. How do you feel about that? Do you have any experience on that?
Cheers
DaveS48
New
Drives: 1.4 TDi SEL

Re: 35 or 39 psi

Post by DaveS48 »

Use the pressures that are displayed on the label in the car and in the handbook. If you don't, then I believe you commit an offence. If you are stopped the police can fine you, with point on your licence, and if you're involved in a collision then you face the possibility of your insurance not paying out.
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

Post by C_Randell_23 »

Hi, the pressures are just advised and in general the less air pressure in the tyre the more grip and the more air the more economical due to the change in the contact patch of the tyre and road. The police will only fine you if your running stupidly stretched tyres or if your tyres are worn low, they wont fine you/ invalidate your insurance for tyre pressures that don't match up to the manufacturer recommendations
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!
Drives: Candy White Polo 6R

Post by 6RPotentialBuyer »

DaveS48 wrote:Use the pressures that are displayed on the label in the car and in the handbook. If you don't, then I believe you commit an offence. If you are stopped the police can fine you, with point on your licence, and if you're involved in a collision then you face the possibility of your insurance not paying out.
Crikey that seems a bit excessive :shock:
I would just go with what's on the fuel cap and if you don't see any uneven wear on your tires then there shouldn't be a problem.
panosvet
New
Drives: Vw polo gti 6c

Post by panosvet »

Thanks guys
To tell you the truth I ll be glad to see some economy gains for the 4 psi increase. That fuel needle is my worst enemy when riding the car so far :D