ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Post by ciclo »

Kimd41 wrote:
ciclo wrote:
Kimd41 wrote:Hey ciclo, greetings from Spain ;)

Your 6R is amazing, thank you so much for posting the guides too! Could you please give me a hand?
Thank you very much man, and keep the good work!
Hola Kimd41. Welcome!

Have you thought about installing the multifunction steering wheel? In that case the three wires would not be necessary.

If you do not plan to install multifunction steering wheel, buy the three wires (000 979 009 E - 60 cm - yellow color) at the VW dealer or wherever you prefer with the color you prefer.
The only thing to keep in mind is the assignment of pins / slots between connectors +VCDS

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=65096#p489673

Felices Fiestas y próspero Año Nuevo. :wink:
I've successfully wired and installed the TRIP stalk, woohoo! :D

But your comment in bold got me thinking and now I'm confused.... Why it wouldn't need wiring? My wheel doesn't have any buttons.

I though all new buttons need wiring as shown here: viewtopic.php?t=54171

So theres two things now: (three :lol: )

1. The steering wheel with only controls on the left needs wiring? The three wires? If stalk on right side with onboard computer buttons. YES
2. The steering wheel with controls on both sides need wiring? The three wires? NO, it needs a wire (LIN) to BCM.
3. All VW wheels are compatible right? (with their airbag ofc) With right functions. YES.

Thank you so much man, you're awesome! :D

PD: The wiring diagram is from ELSAWIN right?YES.

COOL! :wink: (thanks for sharing)

The three wires you installed to operate the onboard computer are needed when the buttons are located on the right stalk, when they are located on the steering wheel right side the communication with the instrument cluster is through the BCM.
Buttons ---> MFSW control unit ---> LIN ---> BCM/Gateway ---> CAN lines ---> Instrument cluster.

The MFSW compatibility also depends on the date of BCM manufacture. New models need a 2015 BCM. The old models always are compatible, but read here about wiper stalk.

The tutorial/guide/DIY made by Der Finne (for MFSW) is perfect... it's perfect so I (me) do not have to do it :lol: , however the power supply (+15) is best (and OEM way) to take it from the fuse box. SB10 fuse.
... and the LIN wire is easier spliced to T28/16 door connector, not in the BCM connector.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

gti16 wrote:I installed it clear :)
Negative pole and its connections. It appears on the auto scan but the battery light does not disappear.
Maybe it's a coding problem. Have you spoken with firegrafik or ZZZhuk?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

iichel wrote:so far we know that some modules from the Polo 6C on the MQB platform work in the 6R (the door control modules).
But many do not work, due to the different canbus protocols. The 6C is MQB (PQ25) while the 6R is PQ25.

Modules that do work in the Polo 6R and Polo 6C:
4 door control modules (for electric windows) via LIN
1 panoramic sunroof module (for sunroof) via LIN

I can now add the J367 battery monitor to this:

via LIN.

This could be useful information, in the search for cruise control on the steering wheel.
The 6C steering wheel buttons via LIN do not work so far in the 6R.
Nice info. 8) Autoscan?

We could talk a lot about the 6C steering wheel buttons (with CCS) on 6R, because they perfectly communicate with the engine unit, the problem is that our ABS system does not allow their operation. (at the moment :lol: )

PS: The 6C is MQB (PQ26)
dinoslmn
New
Drives: Polo 6C, 2016, 5D, 1.2TSI 90HP DSG

Post by dinoslmn »

Hello,
who can explain me, if this thing is rain sensor and how it works/can be activated. Polo 6c 2016
Thanks

https://goo.gl/photos/NttNxJix6h3LghEE7

second question: Fog lamp bulb (H8 and/or 21P) is BCM monitored ? to change with led need a R ballast ?
prog-amateur
New
Drives: Polo 6R

Post by prog-amateur »

Hi everybody, hi Ciclo you did a huge clean job, thank you !

I ask your support about the camera emblem. I have bought everything (camera emblem + adapter), I have read the pdf link (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91 ... JUSlU/edit) and understood almost everything except one : the wiring (from page56 to page 74). I really struggle to understand :

1- how to manage the fuse box
2- were to plug the ground (round) connector
3- were to recover the reverse back light wire

Please, feel free to help me, many many thanks in advance.
CNK
Gold Member
Drives: 6R

Post by CNK »

prog-amateur wrote:Hi everybody, hi Ciclo you did a huge clean job, thank you !

I ask your support about the camera emblem. I have bought everything (camera emblem + adapter), I have read the pdf link (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91 ... JUSlU/edit) and understood almost everything except one : the wiring (from page56 to page 74). I really struggle to understand :

Please, feel free to help me, many many thanks in advance.
Hello prog-amateur ;)

I installed RVC some time ago: https://www.drive2.com/l/457731914397133199/

You need to buy:
- ~2m yellow wire 0,5mm (to extend the yellow wire - to positive voltage supply in radio/quadlock, pin 15 or 16 in RNS-510)
- ~1,5m black wire 0,5mm (to extend the black wire - ground)
- ~1m red wire 0,5mm (to extend red wire - from 5A fuse in fusebox to red RVC wire)

You need also torx 8, 20, 25, 30 and 8mm drill.
Kimd41
New

Post by Kimd41 »

ciclo wrote:
Kimd41 wrote:
ciclo wrote:
Hola Kimd41. Welcome!

Have you thought about installing the multifunction steering wheel? In that case the three wires would not be necessary.

If you do not plan to install multifunction steering wheel, buy the three wires (000 979 009 E - 60 cm - yellow color) at the VW dealer or wherever you prefer with the color you prefer.
The only thing to keep in mind is the assignment of pins / slots between connectors +VCDS

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=65096#p489673

Felices Fiestas y próspero Año Nuevo. :wink:
I've successfully wired and installed the TRIP stalk, woohoo! :D

But your comment in bold got me thinking and now I'm confused.... Why it wouldn't need wiring? My wheel doesn't have any buttons.

I though all new buttons need wiring as shown here: viewtopic.php?t=54171

So theres two things now: (three :lol: )

1. The steering wheel with only controls on the left needs wiring? The three wires? If stalk on right side with onboard computer buttons. YES
2. The steering wheel with controls on both sides need wiring? The three wires? NO, it needs a wire (LIN) to BCM.
3. All VW wheels are compatible right? (with their airbag ofc) With right functions. YES.

Thank you so much man, you're awesome! :D

PD: The wiring diagram is from ELSAWIN right?YES.

COOL! :wink: (thanks for sharing)

The three wires you installed to operate the onboard computer are needed when the buttons are located on the right stalk, when they are located on the steering wheel right side the communication with the instrument cluster is through the BCM.
Buttons ---> MFSW control unit ---> LIN ---> BCM/Gateway ---> CAN lines ---> Instrument cluster.

The MFSW compatibility also depends on the date of BCM manufacture. New models need a 2015 BCM. The old models always are compatible, but read here about wiper stalk.

The tutorial/guide/DIY made by Der Finne (for MFSW) is perfect... it's perfect so I (me) do not have to do it :lol: , however the power supply (+15) is best (and OEM way) to take it from the fuse box. SB10 fuse.
... and the LIN wire is easier spliced to T28/16 door connector, not in the BCM connector.
Welp........ I just found a cheap Touareg MK2 wheel + airbag and ordered, I guess I will have to put my original stalk on to avoid button redundancy :lol: :facepalm: Its this exact one:

Anyway, pretty sure it wont be compatible with my BCM (2012), I guess the buttons will work but the illumination wont. Maybe I can make some hack bringing current from the light switch to the needed pin for the illumination? :?:
Will investigate in ELSA....

Thanks a lot man, you're a boss. :D

Cheers.
CNK
Gold Member

Post by CNK »

iichel wrote:Yes I agree that it's not ideal for you guys.
The mirrors in the polo 6r do not offer the space for a different location.
Maybe an alternative could be in the door trim with I.e. the alarm safelock light, or a self-made LED solution. The signal is a 12V signal for full brightness and 6v pwm for dimming

I saw it on VW Jetta MK5 from USA, it's called "Blind spot". It looks great, but it's not cheap:
:arrow: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251493949302
:arrow: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Blind ... 9302&rt=nc

I think the plastic cover on the door is a good place for this.

These are similar to your (OEM):
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Spacewalker SP
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

dinoslmn wrote:Hello,
who can explain me, if this thing is rain sensor and how it works/can be activated. Polo 6c 2016
Thanks

https://goo.gl/photos/NttNxJix6h3LghEE7

second question: Fog lamp bulb (H8 and/or 21P) is BCM monitored ? to change with led need a R ballast ?

Maybe this link will help ... (I have not read carefully)

I suppose that in 6C all lights are monitored by the BCM.
You don't need a ballast mandatorily, but you should choose a LED bulb with Canbus error-free, also it must provide the appropriate light beam. (I do not know which is better)

About 6C I do not have enough knowledge, I hope someone can help you better.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

prog-amateur wrote:
Welcome. :wink:

1. for example:
-in these guides you have some images https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91 ... VVWDg/view , https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91 ... ZrU0k/view
-more info viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&start=210#p477916

2. Remove the left side panel of the boot. the ground point is there.

3. Remove the rear panel from the trunk, the wiring is there.

useful info: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42713#p466570
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

ciclo wrote: Spacewalker SP
This is aftermarket right? Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Kimd41 wrote: Welp........ I just found a cheap Touareg MK2 wheel + airbag and ordered, I guess I will have to put my original stalk on to avoid button redundancy :lol: :facepalm: Its this exact one: -pic-

Anyway, pretty sure it wont be compatible with my BCM (2012), I guess the buttons will work but the illumination wont. Maybe I can make some hack bringing current from the light switch to the needed pin for the illumination? :?:

Cheers.
OMG... :lol: :lol: I'm very surprised. Was not there another model for sale on eBay (more compatible for 6R)? ... :lol:

From VW Tuareg? I do not think anyone has installed this type of steering wheel on a Polo 6R. Maybe you're the first.

The backlight will work, but the control unit software will be different. (I guess)
This is the model you bought: 7P6 959 542
and this is the recommended:
Image.

Airbag removed. Link to the sale. :lol: :wink:

In the sale I can not see that the wiring for the airbag is included. Wiring for MFSW.

According ETKA would be: 7P6971584A
But maybe this one is compatible:

Ask the seller if the airbag wiring is included.
...and please, ask me first before buying more parts.

Please, post here an Autoscan. Remember to erase the last five numbers from the VIN.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

benzinkopf wrote:
This is aftermarket right? Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:arrow: Honda Acura

Sent from my i-cavern using drums.
Kimd41
New

Post by Kimd41 »

ciclo wrote:
Kimd41 wrote: Welp........ I just found a cheap Touareg MK2 wheel + airbag and ordered, I guess I will have to put my original stalk on to avoid button redundancy :lol: :facepalm: Its this exact one: -pic-

Cheers.
OMG... :lol: :lol: I'm very surprised. Was not there another model for sale on eBay (more compatible for 6R)? ... :lol:

From VW Tuareg? I do not think anyone has installed this type of steering wheel on a Polo 6R. Maybe you're the first.

The backlight will work, but the control unit software will be different. (I guess)
This is the model you bought: 7P6 959 542
and this is the recommended:
Image.

Airbag removed. Link to the sale. :lol: :wink:

In the sale I can not see that the wiring for the airbag is included. Wiring for MFSW.

According ETKA would be: 7P6971584A
But maybe this one is compatible:

Ask the seller if the airbag wiring is included.
...and please, ask me first before buying more parts.

Please, post here an Autoscan. Remember to erase the last five numbers from the VIN.
Hahahah, well worst case scenario I can just resell it :lol:

I will check if it includes wiring (doubt it) and also post a Autoscan when I get a chance.

If lets say, I install the 7P wiring and it isn't compatible, worst case scenario would just generate errors in the centralita (eng? :oops: ), right?

Cheers.