anyone with a mk2 haynes please confirm for me?

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

anyone with a mk2 haynes please confirm for me?

Post by Tahrey1043 »

that there's a section near the back with a bollock-load of deep techy info in it? like engine characteristics and gear ratios for different boxes and the like, just before (or in?) the section detailing all the myriad additions and revisions to the car from 1982 onwards (including craziness like the Formel E auto start/stop system!).
stuff like that my mk3 manual is badly lacking in, and i'm wondering whether to splash out and get one for myself as a lot of it would be, at least at a basic level, quite relevant. had a quick flick thru one in halfords (looking for any scrap of info on brake fluid capacity) and i'm wondering whether to get one as a backup clue repository for things that the mk3 manual is bare on. it may well have a method with photos for changing the gearbox oil - i didnt come across it, but there may be.

on the other hand, the one i flicked thru didnt seem to have hardly of anything in the regular maintenance / roadside repairs section, about 3 pages to the mk3 manual's 10 or more, so maybe its a fluke misprint thats slipped through the gaps and anything i'd buy would be as crap as the mk3 manual :D
(hmmm, mebbe i should have de-cellophaned the mk3 that was there and seen if it had been updated)

i think i'll be back tomorrow and rob all the GB data out of it as well... assuming it hasn't just been taken from ETKA. seeing as they appear to have stripped down / rebuilt several gearboxes though (evidenced by the severl exploded-components diagrams of the 5 speed) it may well be truth from some haynes spanner wielder counting the teeth...
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

The mk2 manual has pretty much every scrap of technical info that you could need.. very little roadside / regular maintenance stuff though, the early manuals all assume that you can figure that out for yourself. I'd see if there's one going for a couple of quid on ebay, it'd probably be worth it.
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

and stick the two together in some kind of disgusting hybridisation experiment? :D
Gareth_GT_Hatch
Platinum Member

Post by Gareth_GT_Hatch »

Yeah its a good idea to have both wether youve got a mk2 or mk3