New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by SRGTD »

alandbess wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:54 pm
rooneys wrote:copied image
My dealer showed me this. List of build dates and options selected.
Is this the list of orders for your retailer? And how many dealers are there in the UK?

We could be in for a long wait

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I was assuming that was just the GTI+ orders through forum member rooneys dealer.

As to how many VW dealers there are in the UK? Looks like there were 196 as at Jan 2017, according to the information at the link below;

https://www.statista.com/statistics/312 ... ingdom-uk/
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

apparently so.
Scottydoo45
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Scottydoo45 »

I've emailed my dealer to get the scoop, guess the only advantage is that all I'm doing is building equity in my current gti as we've agreed the part ex price and it was already gonna give me a bit of equity with a may delivery so add on several months and in the money, while I rag the car and add all the miles!
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

I have just tried live chat again and this is what she replied. "As the week 22 is approaching a lot of orders have been pulled out to add the changes to the order and after the week 22, which starts on 28th of May, they will be put back in line, this might be affecting the order you have placed too ". Don't really know what she means but will be keeping and eye out at the end of the month but not expecting much.
Scottydoo45
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Scottydoo45 »

Dealer emailed me back with new emissions regulations affecting it, and also admitting he's as clueless as I as to when the car may arrive, said I wouldn't loose out on any money tho, think vw dealers must be getting some grief and are as annoyed, almost, as us about the whole farce
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

Can't believe the delay on these cars right now, I've had my 16 plate Polo GTI since March 2016 and I got it 2 months after ordering in January 2016! I appreciate this model wasn't built in South Africa nor was it a brand new just launched model but these delays seem crazy for a Polo.

I was thinking of changing to the New GTI next year but maybe I should get my order in now to guarantee delivery!
Matfen
New
Drives: Scirocco

Post by Matfen »

SRGTD wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:30 pm
rooneys wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:21 pm copied image
So many of the cars on the list without a confirmed build week have the optional 18” Brescia alloy wheels. Maybe a supplier issue with whoever makes these wheels for VW that could be delaying the build of cars with this option.
It does definitely seem this way. It seems to be irrespective of order-number order. I should have gone for the 17" Parkers! I ordered on March 2nd and I haven't got a confirmed build date. I can see it being September onwards for delivery at the current rate things are.
alandbess
Bronze Member

Post by alandbess »

Matfen wrote:
rooneys wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:21 pm copied image
So many of the cars on the list without a confirmed build week have the optional 18” Brescia alloy wheels. Maybe a supplier issue with whoever makes these wheels for VW that could be delaying the build of cars with this option.
It does definitely seem this way. It seems to be irrespective of order-number order. I should have gone for the 17" Parkers! I ordered on March 2nd and I haven't got a confirmed build date. I can see it being September onwards for delivery at the current rate things are.
I haven't gone for 18's on mine. Ordered week 12 (28th March), still no build week.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason to build priority.
From what I'm hearing there won't be any GTi's/GTI+ until at least October

Matfen
New

Post by Matfen »

alandbess wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 pm
Matfen wrote:

I haven't gone for 18's on mine. Ordered week 12 (28th March), still no build week.

Some people are having theirs shipped now, or at least built at the end of this month so that doesn't seem right. I'm not sure how much difference there is from point of order to point of delivery but I was told a firm 20-26 weeks. I just hope that's stuck to.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Anyone having bother with the tracker? My 8 digit number doesn't seem to be found. It used to be flaky when I had the Golf on order, but do people have better success getting it to work on certain browsers?
alandbess
Bronze Member

Post by alandbess »

Matfen wrote:
alandbess wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 pm
Matfen wrote: It does definitely seem this way. It seems to be irrespective of order-number order. I should have gone for the 17" Parkers! I ordered on March 2nd and I haven't got a confirmed build date. I can see it being September onwards for delivery at the current rate things are.

Some people are having theirs shipped now, or at least built at the end of this month so that doesn't seem right. I'm not sure how much difference there is from point of order to point of delivery but I was told a firm 20-26 weeks. I just hope that's stuck to.
I was told 20 weeks initially. Then all of a sudden the lead time more than doubled.

joeknight94
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG

Post by joeknight94 »

Hi Guys, I've had a couple of customers that have ordered Polo's (not just GTI's) recently and VW have told me that they won't show a build date until after the end of July due to the model year changes and the fact that VW have shut the Polo factory for two months! Production will restart again after week 32 which is early August.

So unless any of you have a confirmed build week already, your car isn't going to be built until after that date (but you will benefit from the Model Year change that takes effect at the end of July, which usually includes some extra goodies!).

My car will be available for demonstration purposes from mid-June - I will post some photos when it lands, it's on the Gentle Leader ship which gets to Emden on the 25th May.

Also, the alloys wheels are fitted at the factory not at the dealer! Just to clear that one up lol!

Cheers, Joe
alandbess
Bronze Member

Post by alandbess »

joeknight94 wrote:Hi Guys, I've had a couple of customers that have ordered Polo's (not just GTI's) recently and VW have told me that they won't show a build date until after the end of July due to the model year changes and the fact that VW have shut the Polo factory for two months! Production will restart again after week 32 which is early August.

So unless any of you have a confirmed build week already, your car isn't going to be built until after that date (but you will benefit from the Model Year change that takes effect at the end of July, which usually includes some extra goodies!).

My car will be available for demonstration purposes from mid-June - I will post some photos when it lands, it's on the Gentle Leader ship which gets to Emden on the 25th May.

Also, the alloys wheels are fitted at the factory not at the dealer! Just to clear that one up lol!

Cheers, Joe
Thanks for the update Joe. Do you know what the extra goodies will be?

SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

joeknight94 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:53 pm Hi Guys, I've had a couple of customers that have ordered Polo's (not just GTI's) recently and VW have told me that they won't show a build date until after the end of July due to the model year changes and the fact that VW have shut the Polo factory for two months! Production will restart again after week 32 which is early August.

Cheers, Joe
Joe, isn’t it unusual for the factory to be closed for a whole two months to get ready for model year changes? Closing the factory and stopping production for that length of time seems quite a drastic (and very costly) measure.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

joeknight94 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:53 pm Hi Guys, I've had a couple of customers that have ordered Polo's (not just GTI's) recently and VW have told me that they won't show a build date until after the end of July due to the model year changes and the fact that VW have shut the Polo factory for two months! Production will restart again after week 32 which is early August.

Cheers, Joe
Hi Joe,

Do you ever find the tracker flaky, if you use it? I can't get on at all with my order No which appears on the "factory printout/order confirmation", it says that it isn't found. I'll be chasing VWUK tomorrow. Trying to confirm that my imminent build grab doesn't have the Velvet Red dash pads (not a question asked or confirmed when offered the car after previously stating a requirement to have deep iron dash for a later order nowhere near build).

The "Customised installation" attached to the Brescia wheels is why I thought the Brescias were dealership fit, and the fleet manager that I ordered through agreed that's what it meant. Can you elaborate what "customised installation" refers to then? Just keen to know what it's about.

Looking like i'll miss the new model year, but with recent cost saving measures seen on the Golf, i'd expect to lose equipment, not gain some, this time around, unless some optional tech has become cheaper than the current standard to fit. Is there a price rise coming in with the model year change?