New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by rooneys »

allye wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:01 pm Same here. Just had a return call from VW confirming the factory is shut and wont here anything until they open on 6th August. Ordered mine at end January and no build date. They say I am eligible for "support" from 18th June in the forM a car supplied by dealer (has not replied yet!!). I could sell my car now and use VW one if cost suitable. I have fully specked up my GTI+ with about 11 options so they have indicated NOT TO EXPECT IT THIS YEAR.
My dealer is loaning me a car FOC when mine goes back to VW. He said my car would be on the new plate 19! I hope he made a mistake as that would mean March next year. I ordered it on the 12th January! I would save money driving round in their car but what car will they give me? I have a golf gtd at the moment. Considering cancelling.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Delays can occur with anything new. But as said a few times if VW won't have the cars available in a reasonable time, they really shouldn't advertise them.

If I were were rooneys and still wanted a Polo, I'd be tempted to hang fire and enjoy the Golf til one is avaliable, you may even decide you like the Golf enough to buy one instead of a Polo. I certainly don't consider 42+ weeks a reasonable time, I was initially told "16 - 20 weeks, but to be honest maybe more" and it's one reason I'm holding off for now, they may even lose a potential sale to me....
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

rooneys wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:24 pm
allye wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:01 pm Same here. Just had a return call from VW confirming the factory is shut and wont here anything until they open on 6th August. Ordered mine at end January and no build date. They say I am eligible for "support" from 18th June in the forM a car supplied by dealer (has not replied yet!!). I could sell my car now and use VW one if cost suitable. I have fully specked up my GTI+ with about 11 options so they have indicated NOT TO EXPECT IT THIS YEAR.
My dealer is loaning me a car FOC when mine goes back to VW. He said my car would be on the new plate 19! I hope he made a mistake as that would mean March next year. I ordered it on the 12th January! I would save money driving round in their car but what car will they give me? I have a golf gtd at the moment. Considering cancelling.
@rooneys; You could always ask what you’ll be getting as a free loaner - no harm in asking for a decent Golf or Polo. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.

Even if it’s something that’s not on a par with your current car, I’m assuming it’d be relatively cheap motoring until your car arrives; no depreciation to suffer, and presumably the dealer would be maintaining the loan car at their expense if it needs servicing or repairs - so reduced running costs for you.

If this is what your dealer is proposing, it sounds like a pretty attractive proposition and if it was me, I think I’d go with the free loan car and wait it out, rather than cancel.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Latest update from my dealer man who is normally honest with me.
His information is that the factory shuts in two weeks for one Month.
He says that the ordering system is unpredictable in that people who ordered early may get their cars after people who ordered later. He says he has two customers in this situation who ordered similar cars and he will have to explain to one of them why their car is not coming first. This will be awkward as they know each other!
Re my order , he says although it is showing as ready to build on his system this week ,it may already be built according to his colleague in the same dealership who keeps tabs on these things.
So a waiting game to see what transpires this week for me, though he did say my car would be the first GTI plus to arrive at his dealership. I intend to rent it out to him for potential customers to look at( but not drive) when it arrives!
The long and winding road goes on!
Will update when build is confirmed.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

barrywi wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:33 pm So a waiting game to see what transpires this week for me, though he did say my car would be the first GTI plus to arrive at his dealership. I intend to rent it out to him for potential customers to look at( but not drive) when it arrives!
Whilst I applaud your generosity at letting the dealer use your car as a static demo vehicle, I’m not sure I’d want to do this and have joe public and their kids crawling all over it; increases the risk of scratches and grubby hand and finger marks all over the interior.

Your choice though...........
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

^ He did say "rent"! Wonder what the rates are. :D

Local dealer offered me a sit in a customer's GTI when it arrives. I declined, saying that I wouldn't want anyone sat in mine if the shoe were on the other foot. A video would do me.

Mine is coming through the fleet arm of Nuneaton Listers, so should be safe from retail pawing until ut is delivered up to me by trailer.

2 weeks time for shutdown (no BW24) is what I consistently hear, mine is supposed to be getting built next week.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Was intended as a joke really I agree with your sentiment.
However hot news!
Just had an email from Elvah Potgieter at VW South Africa.
He says the factory is open until until 6 TH AUGUST when it shuts down ( opening time given)
He also said that the Vehicle Distribution Dept. was on downtime for system changes until 11 th JUNE after which my dealer should be able to track the order. Maybe this is code for a strike?
So basically they are saying no news for another week.
The vehicle transporter Carmen arrives in Port Elizabeth early on June 6 th. Not sure if it will head back to Emden via Vigo etc , just hope my car is on it!
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Just gone on live chat again as I was historically told BW23 by the dealer, then BW24 more recently. Wanted to make sure no slippage had happened. Confirmed build starting this week (BW23). Looks like they'rs not behind schedule right now for GTI+ with options.
Alan Mc
New
Drives: 2018 polo GTI+ Limestone grey

Post by Alan Mc »

So just got off the phone with my lease company. My car is in the UK awaiting dispatch to them. Looks like my car will be with me 18th June approx. Apparently it can take 10 days from port to dealer delivery and they need another week to register and check everything. It’s been a long time coming. She was ordered on January 15th. So if anyone ordered around that time your car could also be in the uk.
bullwinkle187
New
Drives: 2011 Polo GTI

Post by bullwinkle187 »

My GTI+ order was also placed on 15th January. Live Chat confirmed it was built on 25th May and it should now (hopefully) been on a ship.
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:25 am
rooneys wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:24 pm
@rooneys; You could always ask what you’ll be getting as a free loaner - no harm in asking for a decent Golf or Polo. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.

Even if it’s something that’s not on a par with your current car, I’m assuming it’d be relatively cheap motoring until your car arrives; no depreciation to suffer, and presumably the dealer would be maintaining the loan car at their expense if it needs servicing or repairs - so reduced running costs for you.

If this is what your dealer is proposing, it sounds like a pretty attractive proposition and if it was me, I think I’d go with the free loan car and wait it out, rather than cancel.
Thanks for the reply. Just like to drive my own car, but it would save me some cash.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

bullwinkle187 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:59 pm My GTI+ order was also placed on 15th January. Live Chat confirmed it was built on 25th May and it should now (hopefully) been on a ship.
Mine as a few others was the built in the same week.
Mine went into status ‘in transit’ on 1st June, the day that the Capricornus Leader car transporter left Port Elizabeth which I believe may be heading to Emden via Spain..

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... S%20LEADER
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

If it did miss that boat the Carmen is due to dock in Port Elizabeth early tomorrow morning. I hope they can get mine built in time to go on that one, supposed to be this week and the factory say they are open until August 6 th via email.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Alan Mc wrote:So just got off the phone with my lease company. My car is in the UK awaiting dispatch to them. Looks like my car will be with me 18th June approx. Apparently it can take 10 days from port to dealer delivery and they need another week to register and check everything. It’s been a long time coming. She was ordered on January 15th. So if anyone ordered around that time your car could also be in the uk.
Logic would suggest as such but that is not true. Many of us who ordered in january do not even have a build week

VW chat are advising me that I won't even get a estimated build week until the factory reopens. Absolutely shambolic.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

barrywi wrote:If it did miss that boat the Carmen is due to dock in Port Elizabeth early tomorrow morning. I hope they can get mine built in time to go on that one, supposed to be this week and the factory say they are open until August 6 th via email.
I've just spoken to VWUK (executive dept.) And the plant is closed now until August.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk