New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
pologtikid
New
Drives: Polo GTI on order

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by pologtikid »

Well that's it vw say ..... :|

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... s-44383226

It can't cope
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

pologtikid wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:26 pm Well that's it vw say ..... :|

It can't cope
Well found! A bit of honesty from vw at last
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

rooneys wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:54 pm
pologtikid wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:26 pm Well that's it vw say ..... :|

It can't cope
Well found! A bit of honesty from vw at last
Link to this news item was also posted earlier today in another thread;

https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=71466
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Hasn't VWs boss just got an award for the best automotive boss in Europe ? So much for German efficency!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

barrywi wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:06 pm Hasn't VWs boss just got an award for the best automotive boss in Europe ? So much for German efficency!
He/She probably is, but maybe that does not mean much.

What I find wierd is, this time round, the regulating authorities are the ones that will be conducting all this testing, surely using their own test equipment as we all know how bad this went when the individual manufacturers carried out their own testing using their own test equipment and passed the results on to the regulating authorities.
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

There is an 'interesting' warning note on the VW german site configurator page regarding the GTI and WLTP

Google translation

"...….Technical specifications

Please note the following note before proceeding with the configuration:

Polo GTI 2.0 l TSI 147 kW (200 hp) 6-speed dual-clutch gearbox DSG
144.42 € / month * 2, * 3

or 23.950,00 € * 1

Additional hint

Due to the changeover to the new WLTP (Worldwide Harmonized Light-Duty Vehicles Test Procedure), the model you choose may be different in terms of technical features and equipment when delivered after the model year change. For more information visit www.volkswagen.de/wltp or ask your trading partner...…."

weirdly, this note doesn't appear on the French/UK sites
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Thanks for that, it will be interesting to see what the changes will be. Possibly the tech spec will be different ( maybe the addition of a Petrol Particulate Filter?, if not already fitted) and other engine changes to comply with the new regs or not as much gear as standard/ price increase to pay for the tech changes. I will ask my dealer( who is probably fed up with me pestering him) what he knows. His eyes rolled when I said I was tracking potential ships that may be bringing it to me!
The vehicle transporter Carmen arrived at Port Elizabeth on the 6 th June, but did not stay long and moved on to Port London where it is now parked. Mercedes have a depot next to the port so maybe it is delivering Mercs to them before returning to Port Elizabeth to top up with Polos...or not. There is another car transporter just passing the Cape on its way to Port Elizabeth as well , due on the 9 th so two potential ships to pick up me Polo .....if it gets built this week as promised.
My wife says I am a sad person :cry:
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

You keep pestering away Barry as my car should be built this week as well and I’m relying on you to keep me informed of all the updates. As for being sad your not as bad as the wife as she has gone full retard with the car and ordered a private plate for it.
Jackdoor
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Jackdoor »

My GTi + was built last week, as per build week promised on the app. However as a warning the progress was not updated until the following week. It went from build week to left the factory. An hour later I had a text reporting that the build had just started! Got on live chat and had confirmation it had left the factory this Monday morning. Hopefully it will be on a ship soon.
broberty
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by broberty »

Mine switched straight from 'build week confirmed' to 'in transit' overnight Tuesday. Hoping its either on the Carmen or the next vehicle carrier.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Cadwest wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:30 am You keep pestering away Barry as my car should be built this week as well and I’m relying on you to keep me informed of all the updates. As for being sad your not as bad as the wife as she has gone full retard with the car and ordered a private plate for it.
Laughs, ok will do ! Strangely I bought a private plate for the car....my wifes car...technically , earlier in the year.
It is VW 14 JAN so if it ends up being a 68 plate( unlikely) she will wait for that to end in March and then put the plate on. If it is an 18 plate we will put it on straight away.
Not sure what Carmen is up to but VW uk are chasing up when and if our car is built I will post here.
Keep the faith!
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

I wanted the wife to buy GT10 BOO but she was against and wanted something with her initials on.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Just got an update from Andrew at my VW garage .
He says they have been told to tune into the VW hub tomorrow to be " talking about the actions VWUK and retailers can take to continue selling cars and providing customers with the experience they expect when buying a VW"
Note that " continue selling cars" comes before " providing customers...." Or am I being cynical.
He has promised to give me an update tomorrow after the broadcast to let you know what they say.
We are good friends and I have known him for many years so expect no bs.
The Carmen transporter is now heading the wrong way from Port London onto Durban after a brief stop ,so not sure where it will go. It was not in Port Elizabeth enough time to load up many cars so we will see.
c4s2rs6
New
Drives: Ordered GTI+

Post by c4s2rs6 »

I am seriously unimpressed. Ordered a GTI plus on the 2nd feb. Still no build week, apparently it will be after September so we will get a particulate filter which will have a higher road tax and lower economy and dealer has absolutely no idea when it will show up. Don’t understand why other are seeing their cars get built with a similar date. Went for a few options but nothing out of the ordinary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

My dealer said the order system is in chaos as I posted earlier. Early orderers get late delivery and vice versa. I ordered on Feb 10th and the car is supposed to be built this week but we will see.