Owners experience with Stage 1 remap for a 6c manual GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Gee40
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 6c GTI (manual), 1982 Mk1Golf GTI

Owners experience with Stage 1 remap for a 6c manual GTI

Post by Gee40 »

Just looking for some feedback from those with a 6c manual GTI who have a stage 1 with Superchips Blufin or Revo. eg any problems with -

Clutch/gearbox
Engine management lights
Emissions at MOT time
Driving experience ie can the chassis cope and get the power down in the dry without excessive torque steer

Many Thanks
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: Owners experience with Stage 1 remap for a 6c manual GTI

Post by Dink »

I've not got mine mapped yet (going straight to stage 3)

But what I've found out are

The clutch can be weak but it seems a bit hit or miss

The gearbox is pretty solid

It shouldn't affect the emissions (mine passed a couple of months ago with a sports cat and no emissions light)

It seems to be able to put the power down without anyone saying they get torque steer.
purch123
New
Drives: 1.8 TSI GTi

Re: Owners experience with Stage 1 remap for a 6c manual GTI

Post by purch123 »

Gee40 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:02 pm Just looking for some feedback from those with a 6c manual GTI who have a stage 1 with Superchips Blufin or Revo. eg any problems with -

Clutch/gearbox
Engine management lights
Emissions at MOT time
Driving experience ie can the chassis cope and get the power down in the dry without excessive torque steer

Many Thanks
I have the Stage 2 bluefin on mine. I ran stage 1 for around a year before going stage 2 about two months ago after upgrading exhaust. I've just hit 30,000 miles and, touch wood, not a single issue. I've heard about the clutch being a weak point, but I've had no clutch slip (I'm fairly heavy footed but never launch the car from a standstill).

I'm my experience, the bluefin is a moderate step up in power but by no means aggressive (maybe compared to other tuners). It seems as though they've held back a bit, maybe to improve the longevity of parts. This was a no brainer for me.

(2017, manual)