Concept-e's mk3 GT pics (56K users go make a cup of tea)

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
concept-e
Bronze Member

Concept-e's mk3 GT pics (56K users go make a cup of tea)

Post by concept-e »

Hi,

my car has taken a few new mods since it was last on here.

I have my new wheels - Powertech 13x8"!!! My cars lowered 70mm. There is a full system exhaust underneath too (see all the photos to follow in a few minutes!)

With the wheels on it sits so fookin' low, and im almost too scared to drive it. Basically because when i was driving around on my steelies which raised it up more than it is now, i hit a house brick and nearly destroyed my sump.

Just interested to see what other people do with their' lowered cars. Its obvious to avoid speed bumps but hit a raised drain at 40mph at 1 in the morning and well, it isn't going to be pretty!!!

Are coilovers the only option so i can adjust my ride height for daily driving??Or can i remove the chassis bar underneath for a bit of extra clearance considering i have front & rear strut braces???

Steve (in the blue) / Paul (looking slightly chav to blend in at Tesco carpark!)

the car has been on 70mm with steelies for a while so used to driving it low.

on closer inspection the car appears to be hitting on round part of the front clamp holding the exhaust system to the manifold.

The cross bar underneath seems to clear ok and the centre box ok too but the manifold/system join is like an inch off the floor.
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

so thats why you wanted shot of the seats :D

wow cool... rollerskatey.. whats the handling like?

am i right in thinking it's hopped up more at the rear than the front, like an oldskool hotrod?
heuge air filter :D
just goes to show what you can do with an H-reg and some work

PS whats the transfer on the slam panel say?
jimbob
Getting There!

Post by jimbob »

lookin low, like the euro look that you've gone for. By the way what material did you use to recover the door cards
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Car's looking good, very clean GT...
Just a suggestion, you could probably get a sump guard made up easily enough, might save you from a messy situation next time you hit anything lying on the road... or you could just carry around a spare sump, a 5l oil can, a 10mm socket and a set of old clothes with you :)
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

Wierd... my doppelganger!!!

The sticker looks like a Longlife Exhausts one, I have one too. :-)

Looks really sweet! 8)
concept-e
Bronze Member

Post by concept-e »

Cheers for the feedback guys.

I will probably be changing the front springs for 50mm ones next weekend as its too low to be practical now! I use the car for work everyday.

A 70mm at the rear and 50mm at the front should even it out, and give me that small amount more room needed for the crap British roads. The stickers are a Longlife one, and a Piper-X one. Nothing ott, just stating whats under the bonnet! The Longlife exhaust is excellent, right from the downpipe. I said bye-bye to the Cat as its H reg. Its much nippier too, and sounds awesome.

More Euro mods to come soon. The wheels were imported from Germany via German Ebay and my German speaking mother!!!! The door cards and boot build are acoustic cloth and mdf. Tried to keep it light, but solid. Looks much better when i have been able to clean it beforehand!

Steve
concept-e
Bronze Member

Post by concept-e »

P.S, Tahrey, the handling is impeccable with the 8" wide wheels + Dunlop Sport tyres and the front/rear strut braces.

Steve
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

EIGHT inch!!!!!!! 8) :lol:
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

i must say, looks very nice! exactly what i want to do to mine if i keep it 8)
concept-e
Bronze Member

Post by concept-e »

Thanks mate, it looks ok, but still work in progress.

Everyone's comments are greatly appreciated.

Steve