6c gti stuttering on idle

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
MJGTI
New
Drives: 6c GTI

6c gti stuttering on idle

Post by MJGTI »

my cars starting to stutter heavy on idle the revs don’t always move when it stutters only occasionally and the longer i let it sit on idle the worse any ideas ???
samhfisher1995
New
Drives: 6C GTI

Re: 6c gti stuttering on idle

Post by samhfisher1995 »

How bad is the juddering? I've just taken mine to local VW dealership with same issue, starting stuttering on cold start idle and slightly when hot. Eventually starting causing engine light to flash (misfire) on the cold start. They tested the HT leads and replaced spark plug to no effect. After doing a compression test my 2nd cylinder is down on compression. They've taken the head off the engine and apparently I have a cracked piston ring causing the leak so looking like a very expensive job. I'm weeks out of warranty so trying to get it covered under some form of goodwill. I'd get it looked at if you're concerned at all and you feel it's not normal.
MJGTI
New
Drives: 6c GTI

Re: 6c gti stuttering on idle

Post by MJGTI »

that doesn’t sound good at all! mines is pretty fine on cold start it’s when i’ve been driving park up and it stutters and slowly gets a little worse the longer i’m sitting idle, i recently just changed my turbo elbow to an r600 turbo elbow to go with my hg motorsport intake, i’ve ran my obd11 over the car and it says 02 sensor heat critical bank 1 and 02 sensor negative current bank 1...still makes zero sense and all the garages about me are closed for christmas 😑