modification compatability

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member
Drives: 6C GTI

modification compatability

Post by JaegerStriker »

thinking of upgrading from my current polo gti 6c to the new AW gti+ and was wondering if anyone has done the same and managed to transfer their mods over to the new model ie coilovers
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Re: modification compatability

Post by mjsaville »

Doesn't the new model come with electronic suspension that adjusts via drive select. Not sure what would happen ripping that out, may need to disable warnings in VCDS as a guess....

MJ
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

Not sure if previous-gen polo coil-overs will fit, if I would to hazzard a guess, I would say no given the chassis platform is different. Regarding the comment about the adaptive dampers, you would need something to terminate them and hang the cables out of the way. When looking at coil overs for the current polo gti they do come with the stuff to terminate the existing wiring.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

l3rady wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:00 pm Not sure if previous-gen polo coil-overs will fit, if I would to hazzard a guess, I would say no given the chassis platform is different. Regarding the comment about the adaptive dampers, you would need something to terminate them and hang the cables out of the way. When looking at coil overs for the current polo gti they do come with the stuff to terminate the existing wiring.
other markets have active suspension as option on gti so probably just take out cables and change it with vcds :) not sure about parts but I would not risk it.